Translate

Friday, February 25, 2011

Of Empty Nests and Sewing Rooms.....

I have 3 sons and 2 of them lived in this house while they were growing up.  Patrick painted one wall in his room black and mounted a blacklight to the wall to reflect his posters.  When Patrick moved out, Josh moved into the room (the wall stayed black). At some point, numerous fluorescent stars appeared on the ceiling and after the lights went out it looked glorious....almost like you were out under the real stars!  I used to tease Josh and tell him when he left I was going to move my sewing machine into the room and it would become my sewing/crafting getaway.  He moved out 3 years ago and I went into his room and cried.......
Well now after using the room as a catch-all junk room for 3 years I have finally begun the transformation.........the black wall has become history, as have the glittering stars.........Ida's sewing/craft getaway is nearly finished...and the bookshelf on my last post is a new addition to the room.  I spoke to Josh today and told him the black wall was gone and he said, "you mean my skate park sign is gone?"  He also told me excitedly that he had been wanting to buy a basketball goal and lo and behold on his way home yesterday he saw one on the side of the road that someone had apparently lost out of the back of their vehicle.......He pondered on whether to drive on or turn around at the next exit.......He finally decided to check it out and found that it needs a little repair but nothing major.........I told you the "dumpster diving" was hereditary......

3 comments:

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I agree, my kids also do it just like their dad and I...but my parent's never did. Not sure where I got it from. Maybe it comes from being broke for so many years (used to be a single mom). Hmmmm I bet that is it!!

Hilachas said...

Cool. I see you're working on your blog. Can you believe the amount of time it takes! I guess my "Grab My Button" thingie didn't work since it's not on your blog. Well back to stealing more time from my sewing...

Hilachas said...

BTW, how come you're pink? That's usually not your color.