Translate

Thursday, March 3, 2011

JUST SAY NO!!

I am at the computer, having restricted myself from working on the sewing room until I finish a presentation I have due on March 19th.  If you knew that I was a master procrastinator, you might ask, "Why are you starting the presentation so early when you could start it on the 18th??"  And I might answer that I have a grandchild due this month and I have to keep my calendar open so that I can fly to see him at a moments notice.......This is the 4th presentation I have made to the Rio Grand Imaging Society and the 4th time I have been unable to say "No" when they ask me to present again.  This is the same group who gave me a scholarship when I was a student so you see why it is hard for me to say that little word.  Not only that but when the research is done and presented, I believe I'm the one who gets the most from it.....
So now I must "Just say No" to the urge to go back to the sewing room project. (I did manage to get one more day with the project though........I told myself I had to start working on the presentation yesterday...and then I told myself I had to start working on the presentation by noon today.......it is 12:48 and I am blogging instead.........)
So now all the excuses have run out and I must get to it..........but here is a photo of my first project in the yet unfinished sewing room.....shortening the curtains for the window........
Well if you'll excuse me now.......I have a date with PowerPoint..............

3 comments:

Hilachas said...

We seem to be on the same time schedule, i.e. later. And later. And later. I enjoy your blogs so please keep that on your calendar.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

thanks, Irene....I do enjoy blogging....I am not yet ready to thank you for "making" me do it but I will probably cave soon...

Hilachas said...

Help! Help! My button jar is a mess! By the way, did you find the 2 inch buttons you might have? This might be a good excuse for you to straighten out YOUR button jar.