Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back at Home----Better Late than never One Flower Wednesday-and nice packets in the mail!

Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance toward the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point. Climb slowly, steadily, enjoying each passing moment; and the view from the summit will serve as a fitting climax for the journey. -Harold V. Melchert

My 10 day vacation is over and I am home again.  I spent today at home trying to get some rest for the start of my long work week......I go back tomorrow and with the exception of some resting time on Sunday I will be back at the grind through Tuesday and then I think everything will be back to "normal"..............

I finished my flower for One Flower Wednesday a little late today but here it is.........


When Dorothy's house landed in Munchkinland the Good Witch, Glinda, floated down in a big pink bubble and shortly afterward, the Lollipop Kids presented Dorothy with a big lollipop......In my mind I'm seeing this flower to be placed near the bottom of the wall hanging near the beginning of the yellow brick road......  If you haven't already checked out all the other flowers in Karen's Journey of a Quilter Blog........Just Click HERE

I had some cool packets waiting for me when I got home....first, my blogging friend, Anthea, sent me some awesome green hexie petals from her stash and also a pretty red piece of fabric with red, white, and blue stars and yellow ribbons..........very patriotic....I already have plans for it!

Thanks for thinking of me, Anthea....I love my surprises!

My second packet was from my Block Swap Adventure swap partner, Sunny.    I picked out several blocks for her to choose from and asked that it be made with scraps.........Look at this gorgeous block!
Thank you, Sunny!  I love it! 

and now I am going to get this posted and go check out Karen's flower gardens...........want to come with me?? Just click here












 

9 comments:

Karen said...

Another excellent flower as the story continues! And, a lovely gift from Anthea and a beautiful block from Sunny.

Hilachas said...

I love your hexie flower. I was thinking it was Dorothy in the middle of the tornado with all those whirly hexies around her and then it turns out to be cookies. Beautiful nonetheless. I'm so glad you had a good trip and got back home safely. I'm also glad you came home to such nice mail :)

Anonymous said...

Ida what a lovely happy post.xx

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your hexie, the swirls remind me of those large lollipops! I agree your hexies are telling a story and I look forward to seeing the whole "book".

Needled Mom said...

Your hexie flower is fabulous!!!!! I can hear the song in my head as I look at it.

Yes, that is a great scrappy block!

Kat said...

Glinda looks great and happy mail is the best!

You'll never guess what I finished, 25 years late ;-). I gave you a shout-out on my blog post today, where you can see pictures of what you inspired me to (finally) do last night!

Cherie said...

Great looking flower! The fabrics really tie well with the bubble theme.
Getting unexpected mail is the best! =D

Anthea said...

Hi Ida, you had a great break, how wonderful. Great hexy flower! Glad my mail got to you... x

Kat said...

Ida -- I saw your comment on my blog today but my email is acting up so I can't respond that way for some reason. First, thanks for visiting and for your comments... but if we continue to be bloggy friends, I may need to change my blog name to "Ida Made Me Do It" :-)

Have a great weekend, my friend!