Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Nana time.........Old McDonald and Puppet theatres........

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

-Frank Outlaw


Well now it is my turn to be on the road..........I am in Ruidoso today.........here celebrating my niece, Erin's, graduation from high school and visiting with Mom, Dad, and all my siblings...........I'm in heaven...........



.Before leaving home this morning I made a trip to the grocery store and loaded up the freezer with microwave snacks and made a huge gallon jar of salsa which was received with a big smile and a question, "Did you think we would starve to death while you're gone??"  (Once a Mom, always a Mom...LOL)

Tomorrow I leave to Carlsbad, NM for a visit with my ex-MIL and other x-in-laws who are always close to my heart.......from there to Lubbock for a visit with my BIL and his family and then on Monday I am off for a week of "Nana time" with my children in the DFW area.......


One of my sons whom I will be visiting has a sewing machine which he has ready for me because he knows I will want to sew something up while I'm there.......I have an idea of what I want to make.....I found a couple of tutorials online and am posting some photos of my master plan.........Once I "get er done" I will post my photos of the final project.....so here is what I found:





Above is "Old McDonald" and we all know that Old McDonald had a farm and on this farm he had:






Old McDonald and his farm animals.......the tutorial is on "Just another day in Paradise blog.........


Photobucket



And how can you have a puppet show without a puppet theater??? I found this tutorial on "Sew Can She" blogsite........




[047[19].jpg]





So there you have it......the plan.....I will check in later this week and show you what I did........whether I went with the plan or found something else to do..........either way it is "Ta-Ta for Now" because I need to get some rest......I have a long drive tomorrow..............


 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ida what a lovedly idea,cant wait to see it.xx

Rachel said...

Seriously cute! Can't wait to see how it goes!! Have a safe trip! Last summer I was gone for a little over a week returning our oldest to college and I did the make/freeze/shop/provide favorites and staples. They laughed and joked...but they ate it all...LOL!!

Needled Mom said...

Those are darling and will be such a hit with the children. I think you will have as much fun making them as the children will have playing with them. Have a safe trip.

Mrs.Pickles said...

oh those have to be the cutest things I have seen in a long time!!

Cherie said...

Wow sounds like you have a fun journey ahead of you there!

The puppets are so adorable! I'll look forward to seeing them made =D

Hilachas said...

WTG getting your blog post done amidst all the hullabaloo in Ruidoso. I know you will enjoy your trip and your beautiful babies :) Can't wait to see your puppet theater.

Kat said...

What a cute set of puppets!! My mom made a "theater" for my little sister, probably 25 years ago. The design was different but the concept was the same. Today, it hangs in my house and my daughters play with it.