Translate

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One Flower Wednesday..........And Toto Too?

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.  -Mahatma Gandhi



........and the story continues...........A couple of Wednesdays ago I posted some hexi poppies for the magic poppy fields where Dorothy fell asleep on her way to the Emerald City............and since those poppy fields were soooooooooooooooo big I realized I would need some more hexies for the hanging so here is Dorothy in the poppy field..........and Toto too!


There you have it...........A puppy in the poppies..........a pooch in the posies......a  pet in the petals....a p......(ok, ok, I'll stop)...........but not before inviting you to check out the other beautiful flower gardens growing at Karen's One Flower Wednesday.......click HERE

And speaking about pets............I do have to show you my furry quilt helper...............



 Last night I laid my State Bird Dresden quilt top out on the floor to measure for the backing and Tinkerbell decided that I needed her help..........she checked out the corner and then rolled over the top to check the back of it............(I think it passed inspection).....................I'm off to the sewing room to see if I can get the State Bird/Flower Dresden quilt done this week.............
TaTa For Now.......................


Here is a giveaway you can check out:
The Amateur Quilter is giving away 10 fat quarters. - Ends May 19th.






13 comments:

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely quilt top. glad to see it is kitty approved!

Hilachas said...

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy, that Tinkerbell. Cool flowers. Have you made the yellow brick road flowers yet? I forget.

Needled Mom said...

Very cute. I do like the red poppies.

Your helper looks like she is a great inspector.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful hexie flowers! The poppy field makes the perfect petals.
Isn't it fun how our furbabies help us with our quilting :)

Cherie said...

What great flowers, great they could both join in the fun!
The quilt looks like it's coming along nicely =D

Anonymous said...

such cute hexies Ida and love your quilt helper,lol.xx

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty poppy petals for your garden. Tinker bell seems to be enjoying your beautiful quilt top.

Janet said...

Those poppies are going to POP (tee hee) beside the emerald greens. Animals are such great companions. And always complimentary of what we're making :)

Karen said...

Fabulous flowers! Love your little helper.

Barb said...

Wonderful hexies....

Maria said...

Two more great flowers to add to the Wizard of Oz collection.

Your assistant is lying down on the job....

Anthea said...

Ida, the hanging will be stunning, with these gorgeous flowers! So long as you don't quilt the cat, all will be well... ha ha

Quilter Raised in the South said...

I love your pictures! that's so cute