Translate

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One Flower Wednesday..........The Road to the Emerald City

 "A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca



We all know that Dorothy and her friends followed the Yellow Brick Road to the Emerald City........but there must have been some signs as they began to get nearer to the City..........

Awhile back my Sis brought me a beautiful piece of Wizard of Oz fabric...sort of a panel and I have been afraid to cut into it but I finally bit the bullet and did it!  Here are two "signs" I will put up near to the Emerald City so that Dorothy and her friends can find the way easier..........



Aren't my Mexican Primroses pretty?  I love how they spread over a flower bed so quickly and just seem to bloom constantly!
Please hop over to Karen's page where she hosts OFW and see all the beautiful flower gardens growing there.......Click HERE.

Today is not just One Flower Wednesday but it is also my day off so I am off to cut out the rest of my State Bird circles for my dresdens........I will show you my progress later today or tomorrow so  TaTa For Now.....................





13 comments:

The English Ladies! said...

Love your flowers.

Hilachas said...

Nice flowers. I feel like I'm looking at them through "green-colored" glasses rather than rose-colored. I guess you're remembering that before entering Emerald City, visitors were given glasses with green lenses, huh? Your wall hanging is going to be so pretty.

Maria said...

Your Emerald City Flowers are great. Real nice greens.

Anthea said...

Ida, I love those colours. The centres look great... now I'm waiting to see how all the Oz flowers come together! x

Gerda Hartman said...

Love them. My favorite color!

PolkaDotClassic said...

Super nice greens! Love them !
Have a nice day
Marta

Cherie said...

Love the flowers! Those emerald prints look so real! =D

Anonymous said...

Very pretty indeed. Love the centers.

blessings, jilly

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your emerald green hexies, the centers are great! I look forward each week to see what you add to your story garden.

Karen said...

So funny! And, so my favourite colour!

Janet said...

Cute! The Emerald green is so lush and beautiful.

Ria said...

Beautiful flowers! Love the colors.

Greetings Ria

Kat said...

I love your hexies more and more every time I see them. You have inspired me to start some of my own, but no theme yet. I can't wait to see all of yours put together!