Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

State Bird Dresdens continue and A Nice Swap.............

If we cannot be on familiar terms with our past, it is no good. We must have a past that is the product of all the present. -Carl Becker

I was able to cut out 47 circles for my State Bird/State Flower Dresden top.......but, alas.......Iowa, Vermont, and Arkansas were not one of the 47............ I had a fleeting thought that since this was (after all) a quilt.......I could just piece together those 3 states from the scraps that were left after I cut out the States that were printed next to them but in the end sanity overtook and I just ordered some more fabric..........I have also decided to make some pillow shams so I need one more Texas circle and another New Mexico circle to use on those plates anyway... (NM & TX are my home states).................I have made all the plates I need (22) and have appliqued 6 of them:




yes, only 6 are actually appliqued but I laid out three more and then laid some of the State Bird Circles in the corners just to see how my plan is going to look......I will go ahead and add a 3 or 4 inch border so that the circles on the edges will be surrounded with the same fabric as the ones in the corners......I think I am going to like it!

I got a nice "swap packet" in the mail this week from my blogging friend, Cheri at I Be's Cheraldine.....She has a wonderful "swap shop" on her blog and she ships stuff out FAST to you when you trade with her.......here is what I got in my swap:

I invite you to go check out Cheri's swap shop.........maybe you have something in your stash you would like to swap with her.........click here

Well ok............I am working this evening at my moonlighting job...........(getting some extra cash to go visit my kids for a week)
So I will just say........see you soon in blogland..........TTFN!









3 comments:

Cherie said...

Hi!
Love the Dresden layout all those circles!
So glad you got the fabric quickly and better still that you love it! =D

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a great quilt you are going to have. I really like how you incorporated birds from all of the states.

Hilachas said...

Your Dresden is going to be so pretty. I imagine it will be finished by the time I get home to see it in "real life."