Translate

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mystery Quilt and Happy Mail today!

Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you.    -Heidi Johnson

Amazing how looking at the same thing and realizing how much we have done rather than how much is left to do really works....I have to try to remember that.......

So here it is Saturday and I have already done one of my  graveyard shifts this weekend.....one more to go!  This week the Mystery Quilt-a-long I joined sent the first clue.....here are the 3 fabrics I have chosen.....we were to pick a dark, a medium, and a light.....the one on the left is what I decided was the medium print.  I bought a lot of in the spring thinking it would make a good quilt backing......and I should still have plenty of it for that purpose on this quilt.  I found a companion print online for the "dark" choice and got the light at my local fabric shop:
 Actually, this photo shows the light print which I "stole" from another future project and photographed it before putting it back with that project and buying the replacement which is similar in color but a little different pattern.....
As you probably know, the mystery quilt is revealed as we get clues each week.....I still haven't started even though we received that clue yesterday but I will.....I am still quite distracted with the Oz quilt for some reason.....
In case you might be interested....just click on this pretty flower to find out more info....it is still early enough to start.....and it is for a great cause.....
 I got this snappy scrappy block today in the mail from my Block Swap Adventure partner, Ann, today.  Out of several patterns I chose this seems to be the most popular, which is great because it is going to make a fabulous quilt, don't you think?
 
 Here are all the blocks I've received so far:
And just for grins I mixed them in with my 2.5 inch postage stamp blocks:
I really like photographing the layouts because they allow me to see the patterns emerging in the blocks better.  I'm thinking I will have to see what other blocks I get before deciding on the layout....the blocks with the diamonds really pop so I'll have to be careful how I place them.....

Ok I guess I have rambled on enough today.....I will say "Ta-Ta for now" and will catch you all on One Flower Wednesday.....
 

9 comments:

Hilachas said...

Know what? I really like the arrangement you made of your bee blocks and your postage stamp blocks. Interesting and different, just the way I like things :)

Angela FlowersMoore said...

Love the postage stamps mixed in with your scrappy blocks.
My former co-workers tell me that graveyard shift is by far the best, because when you are done can get so much done. Never did that one but I know first hand about swing shift.

Anonymous said...

lots of lovely blocks there Ida and i love the postage stamp ones.xx

Needled Mom said...

The blocks look great. I can't wait to see what the mystery quilt is going to look like.

Melody said...

Those blocks look brilliant when they are all together.

Amy Gay @ Butterfly Angels said...

I want to thank you for posting about the Mystery Quilt. There are several cancer issues touching mylife right now. I also have 2 daughters who have been begging for a project. This is the best oppourtunity for us! Thanks again.

Quilter Kathy said...

I am hoping to figure out my fabrics for the mystery today!

Rachel said...

Great choices for the mystery! Love how your blocks are coming out, can't wait to see the rest!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Great opening quote! It definitely works when I think about the current quilt I'm working on. Wonderful fabrics you have selected for the QAL.
Look at all those scrappy blocks! You are going to have one amazing quilt.