Translate

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Now this is more like it......


What lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
  ---Ralph Waldo Emerson



I got another bag done....and as my post title says, "this is more like it"....more like the crafty quick-sewing person I used to be before I began to visit the land of "UFO'S".....lol...I used to start on a project and have it finished in no time......anyway, I finished the Celestial bag last night.  This makes 4 bags started and finished within about a week and a half!  I have to admit these are all small projects, and not like a whole quilt or anything, though............my UFO's still glare at me from their storage areas wondering when their turn will come......

 Again, I adapted a pattern because I wanted a larger opening at the top for better access.  This pattern is called "Sweet Pleat" from allpeoplequilt.com  In retrospect, I wish I had ordered a little more of this fabric so I could have allowed for the pattern run and not had to cut off some of the motifs....a lesson learned....
  
  The pleat in the center starts on one side and continues underneath the bag to the other side.... 

 

I struggled with the decision on how to place the straps and what to make them out of and finally decided to use only one strap because I had a gorgeous braided belt that was perfect for this bag and I wanted to use it..........
since it was nylon and thick I inserted the ends into an envelope made of the same fabric I used for the pleat.  This made it easier to sew onto the bag.  Then I added some wonky yellow star buttons.....
 and also some smaller wonky stars above the pleats...                  

 

 So there we go....all the bags for my ladies are done....still have one to go for my Sis.  I have a couple of nice things to show you tomorrow that came in the mail.  I'll post them with the progress on The Mystery QAL after noon tomorrow when the next clue comes out.......so that's it for today....

Ta-Ta for now..........talk to you tomorrow.....

 

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your bags are looking awesome. Isn't it wonderful to FINISH a project?

I also enjoyed your flower parts this week. Slowly but surely it will all come together for us.

Janet said...

A lovely bag. Cute little star buttons too!

Anonymous said...

wow Ida its so cute what a wonderful gift this will be,well done.xx

Kat said...

You used my favorite quote at the top of this post :-).

I love this bag! Was the pleat difficult? They scare me! (But it looks great!!) The buttons are a great touch, how fun :-)

Anita said...

Lucky you to make so many bags in such a short time, it's such fun to create things!!
Cheers, Anita.

hafza said...

Lovely bag! I love the fabric. Lucky those who receive this..you're so productive to finished four bags within a week and a half!

Anthea said...

Surprise Ida, I bet you didn't think you'd get a Comment on this post after all these months!!
Please can you tell me if I need to join 'all people quilt' site in order to download the pattern for this bag? i love the look of it and would love to make one... thanks, Anthea x

Anthea said...

Surprise Ida, I bet you didn't think you'd get a Comment on this post after all these months!!
Please can you tell me if I need to join 'all people quilt' site in order to download the pattern for this bag? i love the look of it and would love to make one... thanks, Anthea x