Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

One Flower Wednesday and another tote bag

 Inspiring Quote for today----

 The amount of happiness that you have depends on the amount of freedom you have in your heart.   --Thich Nhat Hanh



I have been working a little on parts of the Yellow Brick Road...........I added some pavers to the flower I had made awhile back of Toto on the Yellow Brick Road and made another small piece to go near Dorothy's house.....


 Last Wednesday I showed you some flowers that transitioned from the Munchkinland houses to the sky and so here is how all of the flowers fit into the Oz Hanging......I had thought that the hanging would be more or less 24" high by 36" wide....I hope it isn't going to be a lot bigger than that but historically many of my projects seem to grow as I work on them.....lol.....



Each week Karen from Journey of a Quilter opens up her linky for OFW where we can all post our hexagon flowers....please go check out the rest of her garden by clicking HERE...........

I made another bag last week.  This is another Christmas gift.....and it is made from the same pattern as the Radiology Bones Bag I showed you last week................

The quilted fabric lining is really a darker brown than the photo shows..............

Ok that is it for today...............I will talk to you again next time  so Ta-Ta for now..................


  

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your Oz quilt is looking fantastic!!! I LOVE seeing it come together.

I also love the tote. The fabric is just wonderful in it.

Hilachas said...

Look at you! You're coming along so great with your OZ quilt hanging. Each week you leave us hanging and wondering what the next week will bring and you never fail to show us something wonderful WTG!

Karen said...

Another lovely bag Ida and how exciting it is to see your OZ quilt come together. Well done!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your Oz creation is just amazing! I love seeing what you have added each week. Great bag!

Kat said...

Oh. Em. Gee. Ida --- I *love* it!!! I am so excited to see it all put together, you should see how big my smile is right now!! It keeps getting better and better! :-)

I thought the "bones" bag pattern was my favorite, but seeing it on this bag I am sure of it. I absolutely love that fabric. Do you remember where you bought it? It is so perfect, I think I need to order some.

Mrs.Pickles said...

so exciting to see it all come together!!

Cherie said...

Wow those hexies all together look amazing! Don't worry things never turn out the way you plan them too..it's the fun of quilting.
The bag looks so cool!

Rose said...

Love your yellow brick road. Since I grew up in Kansas I've often thought of putting a yellow brick pathway somewhere in my yard.

Janet said...

Oz land is starting to come together - so wonderful. Another lovely bag too. Have you finished all the Christmas bags now?