Translate

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I have a new toy!

  

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.― C.S. Lewis

For my birthday and for Christmas my family gave me gift cards which I used to get this wonderful new toy!

 This is the Brother PE500 Embroidery Only machine.....I figured since I have 3 regular machines I really didn't need the embroidery/sewing model.

So anyway..............my first projects will be a Valentine's Day hanging kitchen towel (see the 3 hearts embroidery on the white towel above?) and I already made my first quilt label:

I
 I was really looking for a machine to do my quilt labels quickly but my first label was not that quick since I had to program each line separately.....


If anybody knows about the embroidery software that works on this model so that I can make my own digital pattern, I am all ears!  I downloaded a trial copy of the Brother software but it doesn't let me save the pattern I made nor does it let me transfer it to my machine to see if it works......(of course I am probably doing something wrong....lol)  I have found some retail sites online that sell the patterns but, again, I don't know if they will work on my machine....there isn't a lot of info that I can find yet about specifications, etc.....

But I am still having fun with it so off I go again....I will talk to you next time so Ta-Ta for now.............

 



 

 

11 comments:

Hilachas said...

Exciting. Exciting. I can hardly wait to see it in "real life." I'm so glad you got the gift you wanted. I know you're having lots of fun with it. Lucky girl!

Melody said...

This should be really good fun to play with and I'm sure you will learn all its features.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What fun!! Enjoy your new 'toy' and keep us up-to-date on how you like it....and, of course, we want to see all the pretty projects you create!!!!

Kat said...

Jealous!!! :-) I've been thinking about an embroidery machine for a while now..... You'll have to let me know how you like yours (looks great so far!!). I get so overwhelmed when I look at them, I don't even know where to begin. You don't mind doing the testing for me, right? :-)

Anonymous said...

what a lot of fun you are having ida,love your label and hearts on your kitchen towel.xx

Mary said...

Good for you! Enjoy getting to know your new baby. I bet the two of you will have lots of fun.

Eileen said...

You are going to have so much fun with your new toy.

Carla said...

Lucky you! I would love a better machine, but such is life

Needled Mom said...

How fun, Ida. I use the Designer's Gallery software for my machine and do it all on the computer then export it to the machine. Does your machine use a USB or memory card/stick?

Rachel said...

Looks like FUN!

The Mayo Family said...

Oh Miss Ida!
It's beautiful!
I guess you will be busy
sew-embroidering!
Wow! What a blessing!
ENJOY~ as I see you already have been Smile
Maybe I should come and bring your block where the weather is warm & I could look at the beautiful machine!
Blessings~
Lori