Translate

Saturday, January 5, 2013

More Christmas Pics........

 You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret. ---Unknown


Ok, as I promised................a post to show you "Hurricane Grandson" (I had already told my Son and DIL about the Christmas village and not to worry about him messing anything up because it was there for everyone to enjoy)

.....we started out "just looking".....



 But some things just weren't in the right place.......


and after he left...................here's what we had........lol......


He had lots of fun and things got rearranged a bit but he didn't break a thing!

Our Christmases have been spent in New Mexico for as long as I can remember........all my siblings (and their children too) try to meet there at Mom and Dad's house each year.  This year the snow started coming down on Christmas Eve.  This is the tree outside my brother's house.....
 

One of the Christmas projects I worked on this year was something I couldn't show you because "Somebody's Sister" is one of my best followers and I didn't want to ruin the surprise.....When Irene and I were in grade school we learned to read with Dick and Jane................Irene had really liked the pattern for one of the totes I made earlier in the year so I adapted the same pattern and made it taller for her........


 I also made her a little matching coin purse......


I think she likes it...............

Ok, I am writing this on Friday night as I get ready to start my work week so I am going to sign off for now and post this after midnight so it will be posted tomorrow............I will see you next time....so TaTa for now.......



10 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas :) You and your sister are so lucky to share the sewing quilting passion. You made her a lovely bag.

Rachel said...

Awww, so cute (the GrandBoy) and love that bag!

sunny said...

I remember Dick and Jane! What cut fabric, and lovely bag and coin purse. Glad you had lots of fun holiday memories.

Anonymous said...

what a cutie your grandson is Ida and look at all the fun he had with the xmas village and what a lovely gift for your sister,awesome.xx

Hilachas said...

Yes, your sister did indeed love, love, love her totebag and coin purse. What a lovely surprise that was. Thanks so much. I also enjoyed your grandsons tremendously. What fun those two boys are!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I LOVE it that you let him freely play with your Christmas village. I'm sure this will be a sweet deposit in his memory bank and yours!

hugZ,
annie

Needled Mom said...

I'll bet that little one had a grand time rearranging the village.

Irene looks thrilled with her beautiful gifts. I recall learning to read with Dick, Jane, Spot and Baby too. Great fabrics!!!

Kat said...

That bag really is adorable! I love the little change purse to go with it, I've been wanting to try one of those. I'm sure your sister will love using and showing off her bag, and telling everyone how awesome her sister is :-)

Barb said...

What a fun blog! I love your Wizard of Oz header and your Dick and Jane tote bag -
xo

Vesuviusmama said...

What a neat bag!