Translate

Friday, February 8, 2013

I think I'm in Love........



Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live. --Nora Roberts




So I am still ga-ga over my new embroidery machine and I have decided to have it help me make my House Block tablecover....ok first thing is I'm going to start calling it my Neighborhood Tablecover since I won the blocks at the Neighborhood Block Party this year......

I have all the trees made and I decided this would be a 4 seasons tablecover..............I still need to applique most of them but if you look closely you can see that each season has two trees, with each of them at a little different stage of that season.......(you might have to stand on your head to see Spring and Summer....lol)


 Now if you look really closely at the first tree of winter you will see some of the additions my new toy has made.......
The snowflakes embroidery is done as an applique and the snowman is embroidered directly onto the quilt top!  Talk about being scared!  Since getting the machine I have sort of messed up a couple of pieces because of trouble with the stabilizer but I am learning a few tricks as I go.....so I decided to be brave and put the snowman straight onto the quilt top...........I did run into a tiny problem on one part but was able to fix it without ruining anything.....phew.... 

My machine is busy working on the 2nd tree of Autumn right now and I will post that photo in a few minutes..............One of the things I am finding out is that I need to add more colors to my embroidery thread stash.  The machine came with red, yellow, and blue, and I have bought 12 more colors but find I still have only one shade of blue!  Ah well....back to the store.............

 Ok the second tree of autumn is done and here it is!

 Ta-da! and Gobble Gobble!

Ok I am off  to try to get at least one more tree done and then get ready for work tonight so I will say TaTa for now...........talk to you next time.....................

 
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am loving this Ida,and glad to see you having so much fun with your new machine.xx

Rachel said...

Looks like you are having a blast and mastering it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! It's stunning! what a creative way to use those cute houses ;)

Kat said...

I'm in love, too!!! Do you Skype? I think I may need some "in person" expert instruction when my new toy arrives :-)

Maria said...

WOW your centre is looking fabulous.. You are having lots of fun with your new toy.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Wow, IJ, that is AMAZING! So cool. I would be so intimidated by that machine! I'm loving your table topper. Great job!

Needled Mom said...

You are doing such an awesome job on your table topper. I love all of the detail. Looking forward to seeing more.

Hilachas said...

What fun you're having with your new toy! Have I already said that I am SO jealous? By the way, I can't imagine YOU being scared of trying anything, 4col! You go girl!