Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One Flower Wednesday

   “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.― Wayne Dyer


It has been awhile since I posted to One Flower Wednesday but I did do a little work on my Oz hanging to show you......I sewed several sections together and have this so far the largest
section.......


I found this new (to me anyway) Oz panel and liked the "surrender Dorothy" patch and will probaby use it in the hanging somewhere.............here is another photo without the busy background.....


I had originally thought I would use only the hexies on the hanging but now I think I might use other prints like the "Surrender Dorothy" piece and other stuff......I have so much Oz fabric now and I found a new piece with the rainbow that I might consider using instead of the original rainbow I started making below
I don't know...........my projects never seem to end up like I originally planned............so who knows what I will do........we will all be surprised, I guess...............

so anyway............I think I might go lay out some of the other sections and see how they look..............
Please remember to go check out the other lovely gardens at Karen's One Flower Wednesday...................






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm stunned at the complicated, but fabulous, plan you have here! That must have taken SO much planning ahead!

Trillian As said...

Brilliant work. I love people who like to change by doing their quilts. That's it how it must be.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

That is some fussy cutting. Looks terrific!

Hilachas said...

I'm so glad you're working on "Dorothy" again. This project is so exciting and I can't wait to see what you end up doing. WTG!

Mara said...

So Amazing and I love the rainbow you already have started, and love the quote of the day.

Needled Mom said...

It's great to see the Oz hexie project again. I have loved this since you started it. That is a great Surrender sign!

sunny said...

I've been wondering how things were going with Oz! I'm anxious to see the finished project.

Anthea said...

Well Ida, what you have done here is amazing... & if it takes a little time to evolve your ideas to what you are happy with, so be it!! x

Janet said...

I am thrilled to see this quilt back out of the sewing box. It is fantastic!

Karen said...

Looks good! Like piecing a puzzle together. I'm the same way, a plan in my head, but it ends up different.

Julie Fukuda said...

making those hexies into a whole scene is way outside the box. I have seen a picture quilt made of little squares but hexies???