Translate

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Christmas Round Robin Finished, a new mug rug, and Hands to Help



Said the robin to the sparrow, "I would really like to know Why those anxious human beings rush around and worry so."
Said the sparrow to the robin, "Friend, I think that it must be That they have no Heavenly Father such as cares for you and me."  ---E. Cheney


I have been swapping with a great group of friends and last year we did two Robins......a round robin, which I finished and showed you HERE, and a Row Robin.....which I finished and show you below!  My starting row was the wrapped gifts.....my group added the beautiful lettering at the top, the pretty row of ornaments, the dancing Christmas trees of every size and shape (don't you think they look like they're dancing?), and the sweet snow globes at the bottom.....Did I say I love swapping with this group? I can't wait for Christmas to roll around now so I can bring it out!


Here is the back.......I was able to incorporate the signature blocks with the Merry Christmas banner separating the two Christmas fabrics....


Our Group is doing smaller projects now.....this month we swapped mug rugs........my partner Irene sent this when I requested a Texas theme and she also sent the little hexi coaster which allows you to fit the base of your wine glass into it!  Thanks Irene....it's just what I "ordered" and more!

and last but not least.....Confessions of a Fabric Addict is having their annual Hands to Help Challenge........Click on the button on my sidebar or HERE and maybe you can help out too!





12 comments:

Maria said...

What a great group of stitchery to do Swaps with.. your Christmas 🎄 Row Robin is lovely as are the Texas mug rug and coaster...
Oh yes your tree row does look like they are dancing.

Hilachas said...

I love how your Row Robin turned out. What a beautiful variety of rows! Yes, now that I look at them again, the Christmas trees look like they're dancing. Everything about that quilt is perfect for you. It looks like you. I'm glad you liked your Texas mug rug and coaster. I like. How your back looks as well, nice way to show off the signature blocks. It's all just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida,such lovely work my friend.

Jo said...

That's a fantastic row by row quilt. Such a clever and happy group.

Needled Mom said...

Your Christmas quilt turned out sooooo cute. It will be so much fun to use each year. The dancing trees are darling and I like the snowglobes and ornaments too. Such fun!

Irene nailed it with the Texas mug rug. It's nice to have the matching coaster for the evening beverage too. ;-)

Missy Shay said...

Your quilt is so fun and I love your mug rugs!

Janet said...

What great swap buddies you have! The Christmas quilt is fantastic. I love how you did the back and the dancing Christmas trees!

Rachel said...

What a beautiful quilt top, and the backing is also very pretty. I've never heard of a Row Robin, what a great idea!

Anthea said...

Great projects to do with your group! Love the Robins, to receive anothers sewing is a privilege xx

sunny said...

What a great Row quilt! Is this the same group that started with Mug Rugs a few years ago?

Barb said...

Oh yes.....what a fun group....love the Christmas quilt...

Nita said...

Those are fun projects to do with your swap group. I'm in a "bee" where we each take turns month by month. Maybe next time it's my month, I'll start a row quilt fir myself. That would be fun. :)