Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Still One Flower WEDNESDAY and More Talking Trees

You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you. -Sri Ram

Ok  I still have 35 minutes to get this posted while it is still Wednesday......so here goes:

Do you remember when Dorothy and her friends got to the forest of Apple trees and Dorothy reaches up to pick an apple to eat?  Well, the Apple tree slaps her hand and says, "What do you think you're doing?"  Dorothy replies that she was hungry and wanted to pick an apple to eat, to which the tree replies, "well how would YOU like it if somebody picked something off you?"



Next week I will show you the rest of the tree!  See the tree's hands grabbing Dorothy?  If you all haven't already, don't forget that each week Karen hosts a linky where we can all post our flowers........she has more pretty flowers for you to see at One Flower Wednesday..........click and see!

I got a lovely scrappy block from my swap partner at the Block Swap Adventure this week.........Karyli sent me this pretty block to go with my others:

I have been swapping postage stamp blocks recently......and started sewing them together.....I think I want to just sew them altogether without any sashing but for now I am making 8x8 blocks..........(actually what I have so far are 4x8's so that I can switch them around easier if I'm not happy with the layout) 

Here is what I have so far.........


Did you all notice the pretty pink flower at the top of my right LEFT sidebar?
It is the button for a mystery quilt along to benefit a little boy named Jack who was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  At first the doctors said it was inoperable but a second opinion changed that.  The surgery has been done but recovery has been a challenge so the proceeds of the mystery quilt along will go to help him with his recovery.  If you are interested in joining just click on the pink daisy above.....I did!

Ok I have four minutes to get this posted before Thursday so I will say Ta-Ta for now..............see you next time.....



11 comments:

Grit said...

Your hexie looks fantastic.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Karen said...

Lots to see! Excellent flower. I like the block from Karyli, so busy and fun and your Postage Stamp blocks are progressing nicely.

Rachel said...

Another fabulous hexie!! Love it!

Needled Mom said...

Your Dorothy flower is incredible. Each week I wonder how you can top the last week's flower and you never fail to amaze me.

That is a lot of charm sewing. Are you doing them in blocks and then sewing bigger blocks together?

Hilachas said...

Yes! Your Wednesday post arrived on time, of course it was Wednesday "somewhere" for a long while. I just love your OZ hexies and the stories that go along with them. Your block is lovely and I see that your Postage Stamp quilt is moving right along. Yes, that's my lil sister, getting it all done!

Anonymous said...

love this hexie also Ida,well done.xx

Maria said...

Fabulous Dorthery flower this week..
Love the scrappy quilt you are making too

Melody said...

This series of hexies are amazing....and wonderful.

Rose said...

Your hexie flowers are so amazing!

Kat said...

I remember as a kid, crying for Dorothy when the tree wouldn't let her have the apple. I mean really, after all she'd been through... the girl was just hungry!

Your flower looks great, can't wait to see the rest of the tree!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You were certainly up late Wednesday night! Is that your normal bedtime?
Love the hexie - I look forward to seeing this wonder quilt of Oz you are creating :)
Nice swap block you received - you can never go wrong with scrappy.
Have a wonderful weekend, Ida!