Friday, October 23, 2020
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
I have half of the flannel squares quilted and sewn together in groups of 4. This way I'm able to do the quilting in a complete circle and hopefully add more stability to the rag quilt.
Last week my friend Mary Ann posted a link which I was more than elated to try to re-create on this sad tub which I had been unable to grow my ice plant it............
Thursday, October 15, 2020
I started this quilt back in 2013 with some beautiful flannel called "Winter Spice" I purchased at FQS with a gift certificate I had won in 2012...it is on my WOOFA challenge list so I decided to bring it out of the UFO pile.......
...............this was the old layout I had back in 2013 and I had already cut all the patches out and sewed 16 of the 64 squares sewed together RIGHT sides together.....
my plan had been to make the quilt a rag quilt and after looking at the 16, I wondered "why hadn't I sewed them together with the wrong sides together if I was making a rag quilt?"
Saturday, October 10, 2020
I thought I would show you the latest on the Sow's Ear to Silk Purse swap............
I made another sewing carry-all with the unloved fabric I got from Barbara.........Barb loves everything Native American so I did this for her...
Thursday, October 8, 2020
I am soooooooooooo happy!! Got the quilting done, sewed all the sections together and put the binding on the T-shirt quilt. Here it is, front on the left and back on the right.
Saturday, October 3, 2020
I quilted the first section of my double sided T-shirt quilt today and I am Soooooooo happy with how it went. I used my quilting foot and did just a simple diagonal stitch spaced a little more than 2 inches apart.
Here is the main side:
I started marking my quilting lines with a blue marking pencil when my eyes fell upon this marking pen........I tested it out on a white T-shirt scrap and it came right out when I sprayed it with water! I didn't even have to rub!........
Monday, September 28, 2020
Goodness this year is going by fast.......seems like we just said goodbye to August and now September is gone too!
I have the back of the T-shirt quilt more than half done now.........Since I decided to make it a double sided quilt it is literally like making 2 quilts.........these are all the blocks which will go on the back side of the quilt. I turned over the front side of the quilt and just laid them where I thought they fit best.
I wasn't sure how to do the back........I thought about using regular fabric to outline the blocks I had and I tried both a dark fabric and a light fabric and didn't like either..............
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
I belong to a sewing swap group and this round we are making a "Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear". Each sewist sent some unloved fabric to the others in the group and so forth. The person who receives it will then make something out of it and send it back........This is what a got from Lynette......a beautiful Fall Table Topper.... Lynette made some beautiful Log Cabin Blocks. The fabric I sent her is the predominate fabric on the upper left and lower right log cabin blocks and the center piece in the other blocks. Thanks Lynnie! I love it!
While I am waiting for the stabilizer for the T-shirt quilt I made a place to hang my rulers. I had been looking for something for awhile and while looking for the stabilizer at my local fabric store I went by the rulers and saw that they were hanging on the type of hooks you use in pegboard! Well shoot, why didn't I think of that? I remembered having a piece of pegboard in the garage so I went out there, put it on my table saw....cut it to size and Voila! Exactly what I needed......Notice the scissors hanger.......I had bought it awhile back hoping it would work with the rulers but the hooks weren't right for rulers........they sure work great on scissors though!
Unfortunately, this is what it has done to my wall....so I will need to repair it before next year because I don't want to disappoint my hummingbirds. I know it will come back....it's an old hardy vine. I just need to re-route it a little further from the wall..............
Monday, September 21, 2020
I finished sewing the T-shirt quilt top into 5 sections. Now I just need to finish putting the iron-on stabilizer onto the blocks for the back. The photo on the right shows all the blocks that have stabilizer on them.......I ran out of stabilizer today and won't get any in until Wednesday....grrrr....(couldn't find it locally...they were out, so had to mail order)