Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

Back to Normal???


 Hope is the destination that we seek. Love is the road that leads to hope. Courage is the motor that drives us. We travel out of darkness into faith   ---Dean Koontz


Gosh I haven't posted since before Christmas and I have a lot to show you but I have been trying to get back to "Normal".  When I said that to my Sis, she said, "Normal?  What is Normal?"
I'll have to think about that one.....
Anyway, with all I have to show you, I think I will put it on a couple of posts so you don't get bored overwhelmed.....lol.................
First off I have to show you the photos of my son opening his State Bird Dresden Quilt!



He loved it and I kept telling him I wanted to get a photo of him holding it up but we never got a chance so he promised to send me a photo when he got home:
 He says it is "so warm!" ......and looks great in his room....
I think I agree:
 
And I got some Quilty Goodness for Christmas too! My Sis made me this lovely sewing machine cover with beautiful paper-pieced lettering and additional personalized embroidery......
 See my name at the bottom!
 And it is pretty on the inside too....look at the lining!
 I love this cover so much and I was afraid I would be using my machine so often that I wouldn't get to use it so I opened up my Old Rockford and put it over Rocky! Now I will always have two machines ready to go and I get to use my machine cover all the time.  Thanks Irene.....I love it and I love you.....


Wait!  there's more............my beautiful DIL and her Mom gave me some more stuff!  I got this cool quilt tote and calendar from my DIL.  The tote also came with a traveling coffee mug....which I am already using.....so it isn't in the photo....lol

 Her Mom, Janice, sent these little quilted coasters......well, she called them "coasters" but they are the neatest little pouches that open up....I think they would make great jewelry travel bags!  thanks Sabrina and Janice....I love all my Quilty goodies!

Ok this post is getting a bit long so I will save some stuff to show you next time.......TaTa for now............. 







 

7 comments:

Hilachas said...

I knew Patrick would love that quilt if it ever got done, haha. And I'm glad you found a use for your sewing machine cover and stuff. Looks like Sabrina and Janice know you pretty well. I love you too, BTW.

Kat said...

Awwww, I love the picture of your son opening the quilt. I get so excited (and nervous) when people open something I've made. I can tell he loves it :-).

Looks like you got a lot of great little gifts! I've seen a pattern (have it bookmarked somewhere) for coasters like that, that can open. I'm sure they're not intended to open, but I also thought "doubles as a jewelry pouch" when I saw them. Great minds ;-)

Happy New Year, my friend!

Missy Shay said...

I'm glad he loved it! I love all your fun stuff you got!

Maria said...

Sew nice when all your work is loved..
You did get lots of goodies too.

Anthea said...

Wow Wow Wow!! Ida the quilt for your son is gorgeous, congrats it's amazing...
Such a great gift from Irene too, with your name on it and all.
Wonderful times!

Janet said...

Looks like your Santa son loves the quilt. And it does look great on his bed. And you made him matching pillow covers! (You probably showed us those but I forgot).

Needled Mom said...

It looks like the state bird Dresden was a huge hit. I knew it would be.

The sewing machine cover is fabulous. It really makes such a nice addition to the sewing cabinet.

It looks like all of your gifts are well thought for a quilter. You will enjoy them.