Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I have a New Neighborhood!


We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don't even matter, while all that time we waste and the people who do love us have to stand on the sidewalk and watch us beg in the streets! It's time to put an end to this. It's time for us to let ourselves be loved.
---C. JoyBell





For the last two years I have entered Beth Shibley's Neighborhood Block Party at her Love,Laugh,Quilt blog and this year I was one of the winners!

Each year Beth hosts her Neighborhood Block party and all the quilters who enter make some sort of house block and send to her.  On January 1st she picks random winners for the blocks.  The number of winners and the number of blocks they win just depends on how many quilters enter......this year there were 4 winners who each won 9 blocks each............and here are mine!
 

  They are pretty adorable, aren't they?  I don't know who won the one I made, "House by the Bay"......I showed it to you on an earlier post.

I haven't decided how I will put the blocks together but I have some ideas..........for now I'm just enjoying looking at them.......

Tomorrow I am taking a short trip to New Mexico to visit Mom and Dad.  I saw them for Christmas but with so many people around it was hard to get a good visit "just with them".  Don't get me wrong......I wouldn't trade seeing all the family at Christmastime but now I just want a quiet, calm visit......

I am probably going to be a bad girl again with One Flower Wednesday and not have anything to show you this week but promise I will get back with it soon................

So I will say TaTa for now.....see you next time............
 

12 comments:

Hilachas said...

Your houses are too, too cute. I'm so glad you won them and can't wait to see what you end up doing with them. I miss your One-Flower Wednesday hexies :(. Have a wonderful time with Mama and Dad. I know you will!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I LOVE house blocks but have yet to make any. I just drool over everyone else's. Including these! Will be fun to watch what they turn into. Have fun visiting your parents. My parents just left last Saturday after being with us for a long visit. We miss them!

Anonymous said...

what cute blocks,have a good time with your mum and dad.xx

Rachel said...

Nice win! Have a great visit!

Kat said...

I saw that you were one of the winners, I love the blocks you ended up with! Can't wait to see how you end up putting them together.

Have a great trip, my friend!

Missy Shay said...

One day I want to do house blocks, how fun!

Melody said...

What a fabulous idea -wonderful blocks

Vesuviusmama said...

Congrats on the win! Each year I cross my fingers hoping to win, but alas, not yet. Maybe next year. I look forward to seeing what you make with them.

Maria said...

How lucky were you to have won.. My block isn't there either...

Sheila said...

I was the lucky winner of your block as well as your sisters , thanks so much , aren't they all so cute!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Very cute neighborhood! =)

hugZ,
annie

barb said...

Have you ever thought a out offering some of ufos in a giveaway? I know i would love to win one or two. babscorbitt@gmail.com