Translate

Thursday, January 16, 2014

There's been a lot of baking going on in my sewing room.....


Forgiveness is the remission of sins. For it is by this that what has been lost, and was found, is saved from being lost again.― Saint Augustine


Yes I have been baking up a storm in my sewing room lately.......I had seen the cutest little pin cushion pies online somewhere and had been wanting to try making one so the time presented itself with my SWF swap.  I decided (at the last minute, of course) to make a pin cushion pie for my partner but I didn't want to have to wait for the pattern, which was only available as a paper mail only pattern,  so I tackled it myself.......The biggest problems I had were finding the right fabric that would look like fruit and then finding the tart pan for it but after finding solutions for all those problems.....here it is......................looks good enough to eat, right??






I wanted to package it up to send to my partner, Sharon, so it would look like it was sort of in a picnic basket so I made this  little fabric basket
wrapped the pie up inside a blueberry checkered scarf
 and Tada!  It's ready to send off to Sharon......

and look at the fabulous pin cushion thread catcher that Sharon made for me...............she must have somehow seen the mess I always have on my carpet with all the thread on the floor....lol....and it even has a little hanging tool bag attached.....Love it!


So since I was in a "baking" mood..................I decided "why not make some cupcakes?"  While I was looking for patterns for the pie pin cushion I came across a downloadable machine embroidery pattern for a cupcake pincushion that is an "in the hoop" pattern.  I have so enjoyed my embroidery machine since getting it last January.   It is one of the best toys I have ever had and continues to bring me joy everytime I create something new with it..........check out this cute little cupcake............isn't that the sweetest thing?

and they are so fast to make that I decide I might as well make  some more.........................I made a half dozen total and have already given a couple away..........and they definitely satisfy my yen for "instant creative gratification" ..............



 they really do look good enough to eat but they are glued to the silicone cups with bathroom caulk so they definitely DON"T smell good enough to eat......lol.............but the smell does go away as the caulk dries so I might try one later...haha

ok then........................I'm off to do something.....don't know what but anyway Ta-Ta for now......................



14 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

I can just smell the aromas of the baking from here. The do look good enough to eat. Great baking day for you.

Hilachas said...

Your pincushions are all beautiful. I'm so happy that I received one of the cupcake pincushions. And they do all look good enough to eat but I'll save the eating for the "real thing." I know your SWF partner will love her pincushion too!

Gina Loomis said...

Beautiful pincushions! I love how you packed up the pie in a fabric basket!

Missy Shay said...

I love your pin cushions! They are adorable! Did you share the links for the tutorials you found?

Cath said...

Love your fruit pie pincushion. I have seen placemats that look like fruit pies but the pincushion is just so cute.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Helen said...

I love pie it looks good enough to eat you are so creative, fabulous work..

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Your pin cushions are 'delicious'!
The pie is perfect, I love it! You did a fantastic job, the berries and crust are just right. ....and those cupcakes are just too cute!

Mrs.Pickles said...

oh my those are just toooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

you are so clever my friend,i love it ,well done.xx

Needled Mom said...

The baked goods coming from the sewing room are fabulous - and calorie free. It can't get any better than that!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh....you sure have been baking....wonderful pincushions...

Anonymous said...

I've seen that pattern for the pie pincushion and also thought it was adorable! Yours looks wonderful, and your packaging is absolutely inspired. How cute! Your partner also made a wonderful present for you. Now those cupcakes - well, just adorable, and love all the flavors!

Carrie P. said...

oh, those baked goodies are the cutest things. yes, they do look good enough to eat.

Kat said...

Hello my friend! I am finally trying to get caught up on months of blog-reading backlog, and realized just now that I'm not sure I replied to your sweet comment on my last post. THANK YOU for your kind words, they meant a lot to me.

I love your little pie pincushion, how cute is that?! I definitely need to give those cupcakes a try, too. Adorable!

Thanks for not giving up on me, I'm working my way back. xoxox