Translate

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Finished with H2H quilts! And 2 more Japanese Fans.............



"What you really want for yourself is always trying to break through, just as a cooling breeze flows through an open window on a hot day. Your part is to open the windows of your mind."-- Vernon Howard

I was finally able to get the last of my Hands to Help charity quilts finished this morning!  The "Bingo" quilt is ready to go off to Happy Chemo with it's traveling partner "Thomas the Train".........



 I was not real happy with the fast quilting job I did on Bingo.  The back had some pleats in places from the quilting but the front looks great and I think probably the back will look really good from a moving train....(grin)......

 I was really pleased with how Thomas turned out.....the binding was easy and I love how well the fabric for the backing matches...........

They are both off to Happy Chemo today!



I also finished a couple more "in the hoop" Japanese fans "ala Ida"..........As I had explained on my last post....the pattern for the in the hoop fans ended up too small for my liking so I adapted the pattern a bit then finished with my regular sewing machine in order to make them bigger.  Here are the latest......


So now I am off to mail the H2H charity quilts........I missed the linky, which closed yesterday but please go to Sarahs page at Confessions of a Fabric Addict to see what many participants have made!




8 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous quilts....Both quilts will put a smile on little ones faces....
Lovely fans .

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida what a lovely thing to do ,you will put a smile on a few faces.
Love your little fans,well done Ida,beautiful work my friend xx

Sarah Craig said...

Such fun, happy quilts! Sure to make some child feel lots of comfort and joy! Thanks for being part of H2H 2017!

Helen said...

Wonderful effort and quilt. They look great as do the fans.

Janet said...

The quilts are so fun and I'm sure no one will notice if there is the odd blemish to them! Love your little fans, especially the dragon one!

Jeanna said...

I love the fun fabrics you used in your H2H quilts. They will certainly put a smile on someone's face.

Miaismine said...

Ooooo! Those quilts are so precious! I love that Thomas fabric! Gonna have to look for some! Thank you for much for sharing!

Lynette said...

Oh, those fans are adorable. Love the cheery H2H quilts!