Translate

Saturday, March 17, 2018

What does Love look like??

This is the 8th year Sarah at "Confessions of a Fabric Addict" is hosting the "Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge....and my 3rd Fourth year (lost track and just realized I've done 4 years!).....
well, anyway...........it is a great cause......Sarah has several charities to choose from so if you would like to help out......click on the link below or the one on my side bar...........
                                    https://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/p/hands2help-2018.html

This year I made a Transformers Quilt which I will be donating to Little Lambs Foundation for Kids......you can read about this wonderful non profit Organization at Sarah's blog.....


You can see I had a lot of help from my kitty Cali....
I used some Transformers fabric I found at a second hand store to make some hourglass blocks then added sashing which actually made the blocks look more like box kites.........then I added some autobot and decepticon badges with my embroidery machine and then did FMQ with some variegated quilting thread throughout.   






 I used colored bobbin thread so that the back of the quilt would show the badges too.   Over all I was pretty pleased with how the quilt turned out.  It is about 52 x 52..........and the blue is really more vibrant than the photos show.......I hope it will make some child happy as well as keep him warm.........
 
Cali liked the finish too!

 

 




 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida lovely work my friend,well done xx

Needled Mom said...

That looks so nice and I KNOW that some child is going to love that quilt. It is such a great cause. Well done on all the hourglass blocks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida what a beautiful quilt and i know it will be loved by a lovely boy,well done my friend xx

Hilachas said...

What a great job you did on that Transformers quilt. I love all the intricate details and I know some child is going to love this quilt. WTG!