Translate

Sunday, August 26, 2018

I have finished the Lexington Challenge Quilt!  I was surprised at how big it turned out and it's my own fault for using my "selective reading"........When I read that this was a throw quilt my brain thought lap quilt so when I ended up with a 64x64 inch "lap quilt" I was not happy to know I would have to manage quilting it on my Singer............anyway I do love the quilt and am happy with how it turned out..........


I also want to show you the lovely table toppers I have received from my Swap Partners in my Sewing with Friends Group

This beauty is from Lynette

I love the bold/jewel colors!  Thanks Lynnie....I Love it!

I also received this gorgeous Autumn topper from Irene which I may have already shown you but it's so pretty that it bears repeating...............

Irene added some machine embroidery quilting that just finished it off perfectly! Thanks Sis!

Now I have a question...........the end of this month/first of next month is when I have had the Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade 
and I'm not sure about doing it this year.  I have become such a lazy blogger that I'm not sure I will get any response to it.........if some of my faithful (what I have left of them) followers can pass the word and see if anyone is still interested I will be happy to host it again..........if I get enough "yes" responses I'll do it again.........and if not I'll skip it this year and see if I can get back to blogging and get back my followers and start back up next year........



8 comments:

Anthea said...

Wow, congratulations Ida, your Lexington Challenge is a wonder... what a great result for your efforts!
Sometimes blogging has to take a back seat to life... we all have those times... as long as you are enjoying your sewing, the blogging is a bonus to it.
x

Needled Mom said...

Your "lap quilt" turned out beautifully. I LOVE the color combination. It will go so well with your new table runner from Lynette. Irene's table topper is beautiful too. It will be so nice to use for the fall season. It has been a fun swap.


Everyone seems to have enjoyed the pinchushion show in the past, but I can understand your concerns. It seems like so many have gotten away from blogging and moved on to Instagram. I have very few commenting anymore. It's not like I have been a good blogger, but it just seems the interest isn't there anymore.

Lin said...

Beautiful throw and I love the tablespoons. I have been looking forward to the PPPP but quite understand if you want to hold off until next year - sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. xx

Diane N said...

Your Lexington Challenge Quilt is beautiful!!! Where would I be able to find a pattern?

Lynette said...

Your quilt really is a beauty but I know how hard it is to quilt one that big on our small machines!!! Great job. You are welcome for the table topper. Glad you like it. I have really enjoyed doing the pincushion parade also, but since I have so few followers, I don't think a blurb from me would help at all. I think holding off until next year would be just fine :)

Sheryl said...

Beautiful work on the quilt. I think everyone loved the PPPP and will look for it again this year.

FlashinScissors said...

Wow, Ida, lovely quilt! I love your comment about “Selective” reading ..... can get us into the deep stuff sometimes, eh!
Great quilts from Lynette and Irene!
I thoroughly enjoyed PPPP last year and had been looking forward to it! I have a new pattern for a pinnie that I spotted recently, specifically with PPPP in mind, but also, I understand if you don’t want to do it! But I will miss it!
I only just spotted today that you aren’t sure whether to go ahead, if you do I would let peeps know via my blog.
Barbara x

Helen said...

beautiful finish, love your colours. I’m sure your quilting will be wonderful if you can manage it on the singer.