Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ready for Round 2!!

"Many of the things you can count, don't count. Many of the things you can't count, really count."                    - Albert Einstein

I just finished my first group of blocks for the Just Takes2 and now waiting til the 15th when the next group will be available.  I have noticed that many quilters name their projects so in the spirit of trying to become a true quilter I have named this WIP "Desert Blossom".  Most of the blocks are 6 1/2" squares except for the large 12" square in the upper right.

I am not the best at following directions.....I have been sewing since I was 8 or 9 years old and sometimes since "I know what I'm doing" I skip the directions and plow ahead.........often those are the times that I become reacquainted with my seam ripper.....The good news is that the directions on these first 6 blocks were fabulous and I didn't sew one thing backwards!  I confess that I didn't do the "back basting" method when I appliqued the heart block....I used some wonderful stuff called "Steam a Seam2", which is a fusible web that sticks temporarily without ironing or permanently when ironed. 

Fabric Worm is giving away a fabulous Farm Bundle in their weekly giveaway....3 or 4 ways to get chances to win!


I came across an interesting Valentine Swap going on over at And Sew We Craft
Drop on over and check it out:


And now before I get to rambling too much I will just say, TTFN!

2 comments:

Hilachas said...

Wow! You're moving right along. And doing a good job too. I just need to see if there are hilachas hanging off the back side, heh heh. See you soon.

Needled Mom said...

The Just Takes 2 blocks look fabulous. I need to get going on mine.