Translate

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Hands to Help Flimsy done.......and a visit from Murphy....


“Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.”
Roy T. Bennett


I was so proud of myself on Friday because I got this post all ready to go for today, Sunday, which is the day that the Hands to Help first check-in linkup was set to open......and then Murphy intervened....

First I saw a little message from blogger saying they had several new themes.....well I haven't changed my blog theme in ages so I thought....it won't hurt to just look.........Wrong!  Before it was all over and done I had changed my theme and I couldn't find anything!  I really did like the theme and I just wanted to make a few changes but there were no links to the layout pages, etc, so I spent awhile trying to figure out how to find the html edit page and luckily I had saved my old theme and was able to get it back, but not before I had somehow deleted the post I had all ready to go for this morning!  (sheesh....talk about a run-on sentence....my high school English teacher would be rolling her eyes)

I also had a different quote about giving on the initial post that I wasn't able to find this morning but I like the one above that I did find.......
So onward............

I am linking up this morning with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict on her Hands to Help Page........this is the 7th year for H2H and my second year joining them. If you haven't heard of this worthwhile cause I invite you to check it out! 

My inspiration for this little lapquilt I am making was a bingo block that my Sis and I each made for a May for Me celebration a few years ago.  I liked the bright colors and hope it will help a child undergoing chemo to stay a little warmer.  I will be sending this to Happy Chemo when it's finished.


I just started with the Bingo block as the center and built out from there.  The backing will be the same fabric I used on the second and final rounds.

Click here to check out the other link-ups!




 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter my friend and what a lovely thing to do ,the children will love getting this blanket,well done.

Hilachas said...

Oh, Iike what you've done with the BINGO block. I know someone will love wrapping themselves up in this cute blanket.

Maria said...

A lovely quilt for a special little someone....

Karen said...

Someone very special is going to love this quilt. It will give lots of quilty hugs.

Helen said...

Happy Easter. Such a cute blanket to comfort a special little person and wrap them up in hugs.

Sharon said...

So very sweet! I think someone is going to be so lucky to receive this quilt. This is my first year doing a quilt for Hands2Help. Most of my charity quilts go to Project Linus, but I thought this looked like a great cause.

Barb said...

I will have to check it out, thanks for the heads up...great going on your quilt.

Missy Shay said...

Your quilt is cute. I saw they had new lay outs but I spent so much time making my header I was afraid of trying it.

Vicki in MN said...

What a bright fun quilt that will provide some comfort and entertainment just looking at all the wonderful prints in it! I'll have to check out the new layouts someday...maybe.

Heide said...

Super cute!

Nita said...

A child will love gazing at this scrappy quilt, so many things to keep the eyes entertained. 💕

Needled Mom said...

I am too terrified to make any changes. I love the idea of using your BINGO mini for the center. That turned out so cute.

Jo said...

It is a lovely bright quilt. Good on you. I am just catching up on blog reading.

Danice G said...

So pretty. Someone will cherish this quilt :)

Janet said...

What a lovely happy quilt! I hope you had a great Easter and that life is good.

Sarah Craig said...

This is such a beautiful quilt, Ida! Thanks so much for being part of H2H 2017!!