Translate

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let's have more champagne!

I am still practicing with paper piecing so I decided to give the champagne glass another try and voila!........it is much straighter than the first!  Here is my second champagne glass flag:  the bubble applique was made with a fabric with little stars in it which was a little too much like the background so I used a dark blue to applique with.  I used a multi-colored thread that I found at a little quilt store here in El Paso for the quilting.  I really like the way that thread looks.........I am still practicing my freehand quilting and I do well for awhile then it sort of gets away from me but as "they" say.........from an airplane it looks great!
I am going to take a day off from quilting to wrap a few gifts and BTW....Irene you can have one of the Champagne glasses .....I'll trade it for the Turkey you made...LOL....take your pick!

2 comments:

Hilachas said...

Oh, cool! Don't you just love paper-piecing. Did you use the Big Chief paper? Your glasses came out nice. I choose the first champagne glass you made. Thanks!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I love it! Paper piecing is something I plan to try this new year -- I'm excited and have so many ideas!!