Translate

Friday, December 7, 2012

Buttonhole Mania!

"Today may there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.   May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."   -----Unknown


Yesterday I was whining because I didn't know how to use the buttonhole foot on my new Singer so I used a snap on one of the hanging towels I made and I used velcro on the other......but I still had 6 more towels to make and I wanted them to have buttonholes!

I tried......I REALLY tried.....I found the manual that came with my machine and I put the special buttonhole foot on it and I put the button I wanted to use in the back of the special button hole foot JUST LIKE THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID TO DO......and it didn't work.............but did I let that stop me????

Do you all remember those old Singer button hole attachments with all the different size metal gear-templates?? I used to love the one my Mother had....so EASY!..........It looked like this:

I know because I found this at a garage sale long long ago and brought it home and stuck it in a closet............and it has been there until TODAY!.................check it out.........
 It fits my new Singer just like it fit Mama's old Singer!  It "spat" out 6 buttonholes one right after the other in about 3 minutes! Here are the six towels I made today together with the 
 two I made yesterday......
 
 
  One of my bloggy friends asked if I followed a pattern or if I just made it up as I went along and the answer is "Yes".....haha...

I liked the templates on the pattern I was following but I put the towel together totally differently and I thought maybe I should work on a tutorial so the old buttonhole maker actually made one more buttonhole for this towel:
I took lots of photos along the way so I hope that I can get the tutorial on soon............not promising it will be before Christmas though.....but stay tuned, I may surprise you........

Gotta go to work tonight so I will say Ta-Ta for now.............talk to you next time!
 

7 comments:

Melody said...

How brilliant

Anonymous said...

good on you Ida,hey look fantastic,well done.xx

Hilachas said...

OMG, those are so cute. Do they all have roosters? I remember that old buttonhole maker and I'm thinking that you probably have Mama's, jaja. Hey, as I like to say, "All's well that ends well." Nice job and a big accomplishment to make so many.

Janet said...

I have one of those buttonhole makers :) Boy you have been productive. Cute towels!

Rachel said...

Cute towels! I will confess my machine has a button hole thing...I have never used it :-)

Eileen said...

I walked down memory lane when I saw your buttonholer.
The towels are really cute.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

My Mom had a Singer with all those attachments... I have the machine but most the misc items are lost. I can relate with the bit of frustration. The towels are so pretty!