Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Greetings from the edge of the earth.........

Every piece of the universe, even the tiniest little snow crystal, matters somehow. I have a place in the pattern, and so do you.
— T.A. Barron


No......I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth............just seem to have hit a little blogging slump......I've been doing some sewing though........still working on my Grandson's 12 days of Christmas hanging......just need to sew up the sandwiches.....and in the meantime, I started and finished the Grinch quillow for his little brother......I am planning to send them both when I send them their Halloween package so they can use them for awhile before Christmas gets here...



I bought a panel for this and then used my embroidery machine to make two additional blocks.....(top left and 3rd row, right) 



  I won the house block on a lotto and used it for the pillow pocket....and added a couple of machine embroidery patterns to it, as well.....


I have made and received a project in my little sewing with friends group.....this swap we made a needle case for each other.....my partner has already received the one I made for her so I am posting it today......as you can see, I am still loving my embroidery machine......I used two fabulous crazy quilt patches for this....one on front and one on back.....



 and it opens up to hold all your hand sewing tools.......


 
and now I have saved the best for last.....look at this adorable turtle needle case I received from my partner, Mary.....


and filled with all these goodies......life just doesn't get any better.......Thanks so much, Mary......it is perfect and I love it!


......so now I'm off to see if I can finish 1st Grandson's 12 Days of Christmas hanging so I can get it sent off............TaTa for now.......

6 comments:

Hilachas said...

Oh, what wonderful things you've been working on. Jeremy and Chase will have beautiful little quilts to join from Halloween and onward towards Christmas and after. What lucky grandsons. Your needlecases are lovely, both the one you made and the one you received. Is that little turtle body a pincushion atop the needlecase?

Helen said...

Your grandsons are sooooo lucky the quilt are gorgeous .
The needle case is cute but I love the little turtle you have been spoilt!!!!!!

Missy Shay said...

I love the needle case you made, I keep telling myself that I am going to make one, but it has not happened yet.

Needled Mom said...

Your Christmas quilt looks wonderful. I like the embroidered blocks that you did.

I LOVE my needlecase and am so glad that you are pleased with yours too. It was such a fun swap. Thank you so much.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

The Grinch quilt is fantastic! We read and watch the grinch every year, I love Dr. Seuss. Your grandsons will enjoy their quilts made by their loving grandma.

Kat said...

I live your quilt. What beautiful things you've made with the ME. Can you believe I still haven't ventured beyond lettering in a single color? I reeeeaaaallllly need you to come show me how to do all these things!!

I love both of the needle cases. Mailed mine out last week so I will post pics once I know it has been received.