Translate

Friday, July 10, 2015

Gifts and Blessings


"Family is not an important thing. It's everything" — Michael J. Fox


I was just about to post about some finishes I had to show you when I saw this unfinished post entitled "Gifts and Blessings" so I decided this post needed to be a "finish" and I will show you those other finishes in my next post...........

So the gifts:  First is a fabulous gift from my little Sis, Barb.....for Christmas....sorry I am so slow...I have been wanting to show this off since December......All my family knows that I am Gaga for the Wizard of Oz and Barb painted this jewelry box for me!  Here is the front and back........

 the sides..................

 


and last but not least.....the top and even an extra on the inside! I am Gaga about my new jewelry box!
 

 
















.....As I said........my family knows I'm Gaga for the Wizard of Oz......just check out what I got from my son, Jeremy, for Mother's Day!..............I did not even know that the band Electric Light Orchestra had made this album! Jeremy framed it for me!


 My son also knows how I love to sew and he was able to find me some more Wizard of Oz fabric to continue my "There's No Place Like Home" wall hanging  (which has now become a UFO...)
 I promise it will soon come back into the WIP pile.......but first....

Do you remember the Raggedy Ann doll and quilt I made for the grandaughter I was waiting for????............Well  here she is!
This last photo is both a gift and a blessing.......Hello Miss Iris Emma!



Til next time.........I am off and will say Ta-Ta for now..............


 

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your family knows you well!!! I LOVE your jewelry box. Your family is filled with talents.

I LOVE the last picture. She is soooo cute and will love her rag doll in no time at all. I'm sure you will have many fun times ahead for the two of you.

Hilachas said...

I agree that the jewelry box is something to go "gaga" about. Great job our sister did on that AND great job on that Raggedy Ann. Iris Emma is a precious treasure!

Missy Shay said...

What a sweet sister put all that time and thought into a present for you! Happy late birthday!