Translate

Friday, January 15, 2016

Christmas and other gifts.....and a Neighborhood party!

The most important thing in the world is family and love.John Wooden

I had told you last post that I had some more Christmas stuff to show you and here it is.... the first photo actually isn't from Christmas but a few months back............I was visiting my sis, Irene, and she had this little Kitty sitting in her sewing room............

Isn't this sweet?  Irene cross-stitched this Kitty back in 1980 and was "cleaning out stuff" so I was the winner of the "in the right place at the right time" contest!
I don't know if any of you noticed the quilt behind Kitty but it is a "Good Night Irene" quilt that I oohed and ahhhed about when Irene made it last year.  I have always loved the song because it reminds me of my Big Sis everytime I hear it......so, naturally, I loved this quilt too.......
Irene knows me so well.........and guess what I got for Christmas???
thanks Sis!  You know how much I love this quilt.....but not as much as I love you.........

.........speaking about my sis............she has a wonderful post and invitation!  Awhile back she remarked to me that she had really missed Beth's (Love, Laugh, Quilt) yearly Neighborhood Party......those familiar with the party know that Beth established this wonderful Block party a few years back but has been unable to host the party for a couple of years because of other commitments.  Beth was so gracious to allow Irene and me to continue the party this year! 
Please click on the link below or the house button in my right side bar to Irene's invitation!  I will be opening a linky party on my blog where everyone will be able to post their blocks.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Aw love the kitty but wow good night Irene quilt is fabulous what a wonderful sister !!!

Melody said...

Wow, what a wonderful sister and so talented too.

creations.1 said...

Such a wonderful bond between sisters & a bevy of talent tooo.

Needled Mom said...

Irene does know you so well!!!! I LOVE that stitched cat. The Goodnight Irene is a real beauty too. I remember when she made it and I thought it was so pretty then too.

I'm thrilled that you two are picking up on the block party. Beth always did such a nice job on it and I know you will follow in her footsteps the same way.

Hilachas said...

Ah shucks! Glad you like the gifts. Thanks for helping me host the Neighborhood Party. Can't wait to see all the little houses people sew up.

Maria said...

Beautiful gifts your your lovely sister... Look forward to join in the Neighorhood Party again...Yeh!