Translate

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Lions and Tigers and Bears...Oh My!


"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others"--The Wizard of Oz


My kids gave me a beautiful Wizard of Oz framed puzzle for Christmas so I decided to bring all my Oz stuff out of my bedroom and into the dining room so everyone could enjoy.  This is where I will hang my Oz Hexi wall hanging UFO someday when I finally get back to working on it and actually get it finished...........but I digress..........

Here is the framed puzzle!..............I have added a shelf to put some of my Oz collectibles on........and I'll be adding some other stuff to the wall....it looks a bit bare right now.....the jewelry box is one my Sis painted for me a few Christmases ago....I blogged about it HERE.  The back and sides have most of the Oz painting on it......She told me I should turn it around and display the back instead......I might just do that!



I decided since I already have sooooooooo much Wizard of Oz fabric that I'm using for the Hexi Wall Hanging  I would make a table topper for the side board.........I made it reversible.........you can see it in the photo above underneath the books and jewelry box....


I signed up for Hands To Help at Confessions of a Fabric Addict today and you can too!  This is the 7th year and I believe over 700 quilts have been donated to various charities since Hands to Help began.   Follow the link or Click on the button on my right side bar to "give a hand"...........


                            http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/p/hands2help_11.html








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida,wow your display looks amazing and loved the frame the kids got you,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

Hilachas said...

I enjoyed seeing all the OZ stuff. I'm always amazed at the wonderful ideas you come up with. And one day we'll be enjoying your wall hanging. I know you have enough OZ fabric to cover the entire wall in hexies. NSI.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the OZ puzzle. The display area is perfect and your topper is fabulous for it. I can't wait to see the hexie quilt finished.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Loved seeing all your Oz treasures. Big fans of the book and the movie here too.

Anthea said...

Fantastic collection of OZ items!

Janet said...

What an amazing collection! I would guess that you are a really big fan of this movie?!