Translate

Friday, July 3, 2020

A little Sewing Kit and New Clothes for Raggedy Ann

I saw a similar sewing kit that a friend had made and loved it so much but was unable to find the pattern so my friend was so kind to lend me the template and the rest I sort of "made up" by searching for photos of similar kits on the internet.  
I enlarged the template and used ultra-firm double-sided iron-on pellon to give it some firmness so it would stand up nicely and also lined inside and outside with iron-on fleece to give it some softness......
All the embroidery is done by my machine.....I am in awe of my friends who hand embroider so flawlessly....my hand embroidery looks the same now as when my grandmother was teaching me....(I was probably 8 years old at the time.........)

So anyway...............tada! Here it is front and back..........









It opens up to reveal a needle case on one side and a scissors case on the other with a draw-string pouch in the middle for other sewing essentials...Next time I make it I will move the scissors case down a bit so that longer scissors don't stick up so far....



...and I might make the drawstring bag a tiny bit bigger......




and then it folds back up for traveling...the ribbons on the side open easily for the next time you want to use it....

I also finished some new clothes for a Raggedy Ann Doll I made for my little sister sometime around 1970.  Can you imagine not having a change of clothes for nearly 50 years???  Gosh I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about how happy she was with her Raggedy Ann!  ...And even more teary eyed to know that she still has the doll and cherishes it!  Somewhere there is a photo of her playing with that I haven't been able to find....anyway, I will be seeing her on Sunday to have breakfast and give her the new outfit!



Here is a photo I found of us back in the summer of 1968.....


and here we are in 2020!



OK.......I'm ready to start work on my WOOFA project for July now...................







7 comments:

Maria said...

You did a great job making the very handy pouch , looks fabulous...
What a cute set of Raggedy Ann clothes, something I wouldn't tackle...
Love the photos of your sister and you....

Helen said...

Love your handy pouch the colours really pop. ohhhhhh Raggedy Ann is going to look gorgeous in her new outfit.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That's an amazing sewing pouch! I love that design. I have a 'thing' for sewing hussifs so of course I would like it (if you want to see the ones I've done check the 'hussif' category on my blog). Seeing the Raggedy Ann clothes reminded me of my mom making our boys a life-sized Raggedy Andy and our youngest son wearing Andy's clothes to dress up for Halloween.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida wow your sewing carryall came out beautifully ,what wonderful work you have done and also with those lovely dolls clothes,you are very clever my friend,well done ,hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend xx

Needled Mom said...

I’m getting teary eyed just reading about you and your sister’s Raggedy Ann! How sweet! I loved seeing both pictures of you two. Raggedy’s new clothing is beautiful too.

Your sewing kit is just fabulous. It has everything that you need and is super cute. I use the one you made me all the time.

Lin said...

What a great little sewing case. Lovely photos and how lovely that Rageedy Ann is still going strong. xx

QuiltGranma said...

Your sewing case looks like a little purse! Sew CUTE. I can tell you two are sisters! I'd like to say, "You haven't changed a bit!" but, you know....