Translate

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Magic Poppies for One Flower Wednesdays and packages in the mail........

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."  -Lao Tzu



On her way to the Emerald City, the Wicked Witch cast a spell and Dorothy fell into a deep sleep in the magic poppy fields.............

  ......     
As I envision the poppy fields....it seems to me that since Dorothy is following the yellow brick road to the Emerald City, there must be bits of the road covered by the poppies......so I will have a few sections of the poppy fields include pieces of the yellow brick road in my wall hanging............Karen at Journey of a Quilter has a whole garden of lovely flowers where she hosts One Flower Wednesdays......Please click HERE to go see them all!

I got some wonderful mail this week!  I received this fabulous sushi bundle from Darlene at Sew Cal Gal from a giveaway I won on her blog........



Just look at this yummy fabric!  There are 18 pieces here of different batik prints!  Thank you, Darlene for a wonderful surprise....I love it all!

The next thing I received this week was 5 lucious fat quarters from Annie at Annies Ruby Slipperz
I won these FQ on her weekly giveaway and asked her to send me some Rainbow colors...........just look at these colors.....they are from Kaffe Fasset...........and this photo doesn't do the colors justice.........in "real life" they are so vibrant, they look like they jumped out of a Crayola marker box!  Thanks, Annie!

If you haven't checked out either of these great ladies' blogs I invite you to do so now.....click on the links above and have fun

Ok one more photo and I'm off to work on my Cross Terrain Apple quilt...........here is where I am now.........still not satisfied that this is big enough so I am adding a teal border followed by another white border.............will post that photo as soon as I'm done but for now here is how the Terrain Apple looks right now................



Will talk to you later.................TaTa For Now.......




14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the poppy flowers and the yellow brick center.

The Terrain is looking fabulous. How big will it be when you are finished?

Nice wins. I follow both of them and you are so right. They are both wonderful bloggers.

Hilachas said...

Yay for the poppy hexie flowers, a flower in a flower. I just finished reading about the poppy fields in "The Wizard of Oz." I'm amazed (well not really amazed) at all that I've forgotten from this story. Love your wins :) and love the way your Terrain Quilt is coming together.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful hexie flowers. Having the yellow brick road as a center is just perfect. Congrats on your great wins! Your Cross Terrain Apple quilt is looking so very pretty. I look forward to seeing it with the added borders.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I LOVE the poppies!! And your quilt is looking good.. can't wait to see it with the borders.. GREAT wins. Nothing beats getting colorful fabrics in the mail! xo

Rachel said...

Everything looks great!! How big is Terrain going to be?

Cherie said...

Oooo love the new hexie flowers!

Congratulations on the wins! Camera's never do fabric justice...unless you go outside or something crazy like that!

The quilt is looking great! Can't wait to see it all finished =D

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your poppy hexies! I really like the yellow brick road in the center. I wonder what will bloom next week? Your quilt is looking wonderful.

Anonymous said...

cute hexies Ida and congrats on your lovely wins.xx

Anthea said...

Great flowers as usual Ida & that's great about your wins!

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Cute flowers in your garden,love the yellow brick center. Congrat on your wins happy quilting jinnie

SewCalGal said...

I love your idea of the poppy fields with those beautiful hexies. Very cute. The Hoffman batiks may make lovely hexies too. Lots of possibilities.

I hope your good luck continues and you keep on winning.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Love the poppy flowers and the brick center is very clever! Wonderful giveaway wins and I really like the apple quilt border.

Quilter Raised in the South said...

I can smell the poppies now...

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

lovely flowers :-)