Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Hands 2 Help & some little National Park Flags

I'm not too sure who will read my post since I have become woefully bad at blogging but I did want to mention that Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is sponsoring her Hands 2 Help Campaign again this year. (click on her button on right sidebar or on the link above) 
Over the years I have joined and plan to again this year.  In the meantime, Sarah has a linky party over at her blog asking for small projects we are doing during this COVID19 stay home time so I am linking up THERE with her today with some mini flags my Sisters and I did....

A week or so ago my Sis, Barb, asked us (my other sewing Sisters) to help a friend who has applied for a National Parks Art Residency and asked for help in creating her application project which is a display of 6"x8" hanging flags of National or State Parks you have visited. The original photo which you created the flag with is sewed on the back of the flag and then she hangs them like this:


Here is what I created and sent to her:
Glacier Bay National Park , above, (original photo on right)

Below is Guadalupe Mountains National Park with the original photo again on right:


Below are the masterpieces my Sisters made:

By Barb, below is White Sands National Park:

and Glacier National Park



Here is Big Bend National Park by Irene:

and Saguaro National Park also by Irene:

  

....and last but not least by Lynette we have Zion National Park:




My Sisters and I had a great time making these little flags....we texted each other for several days as we were creating some "together time" while we were apart!


















9 comments:

Hilachas said...

First of all, congratulations on blogging after more than a year hiatus. I should talk since I haven’s blogged in longer than that. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and being reminded of all the pretty flags we made and the great comradery it created between the sisters.

Barbara was here said...

Hey, this is great. I started to blog a month ago and couldn’t figure out what to say, everything was so overwhelming. Thanks for posting our work, that was a fun project. Now, we just need another one!!!!

Maria said...

Hello ! so nice to see you pop up..
Those postcards your sisters and you created are amazing....
Stay well and safe....

Lin said...

Always good to see an old friend pop up out of nowhere! I love the flags - great work by all of you. Stay safe and well. xx

Andree G. Faubert said...

Those are really lovely flags. Congrats to you and your sisters!

QuiltGranma said...

Welcome back! Good to see that you made it through another year, and are still creating!

Needled Mom said...

Wow! Those are fabulous! That is such a good project for all of you to do together. It's amazing how much they look like the actual photograph.

Lynette said...

It was really a fun project. I kept meaning to do another one but what with this and that.....I never did.

Barbara was here said...

I really enjoyed this project. I’m trying to get into sewing like my sisters, and slowly I’m getting there.