Translate

Monday, April 20, 2020

Whoa! Another Post??

Wow.........who'd a thunk??  
Anyway, while looking through link-up pages on Sarah's page at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, I ran across another linkup at "Quilting and Learning - What a Combo!" called  Free Motion Maverick link-up.   Here you can show your recent FMQ projects so I decided to linkup with my latest project...just finished last week...a "bigger than a baby quilt but smaller than a twin size quilt".  

I have found that kids get more out of a slightly larger quilt that is still small enough to drag around but big enough to become a "fort" when draped from the sofa to the coffee table...or big enough to cover them when they are no longer babies............

I actually forgot to measure before I sent it out in the mail but I guess it was probably throw size....50 x 60 more or less?  (I'm not such a "pioneer" after all in new kid quilt sizes....lol)

So anyhow.........I made this Mickey Mouse quilt for a young man who is scheduled to be born in August. 

 His parents speak to their children both in English and Spanish so when I found this fabric panel to made a cloth book which teaches English, Spanish, and French words .....
                                    

I decided to cut it up and turn it into a quilt instead!             



 So the quilting inside each block and on the horizontal sashing is actually one-run quilting done with my embroidery machine.  I found a nifty pattern of tiny little Mickey Mouse heads for inside the blocks and a larger applique pattern that I used for both the sashing and then for the appliqued black Mickey heads on the borders.

 Then I finished with just a meandering stipple in all the empty places........




Don't forget to visit Sarah's Blog and help out by making a quilt if you can!



9 comments:

Lin said...

A great finish and I love that the words are in three languages. xx

Maria said...

Perfect size Mickey quilt for the young man and with three different languages too.

Barb said...

What a fun fun quilt, you can never go wrong with Mickey...

Hilachas said...

Good job both on the quilt and on blogging twice in a week. I love seeing your projects.

Sara said...

I love this quilt!!! So cute!!

Needled Mom said...

So good to see you posting! The quilt turned out so cute and will be loved by both the baby and the parents. Your "fort" comment cracked me up. Yes! I can see it making a cool fort.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Paying you a return visit (thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog!). I was interested to see that you are into genealogy too - and oddly enough the name Richardson is familiar too! That's my married name. Wouldn't it be fun if you and my DH were related? Love your quilt - it will be well loved I'm sure.

Lynette said...

This little quilt turned out so sweet. I know they're going to love it.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hello Ida, what a lovely quilt! I really like that you used the decorative stitch for the Mickey Mouse. I'm sure that it will be loved greatly! Thanks for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks. Hope to see you there again :-)