Translate

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Free Pin-wheel Pincushion Tutorial and getting ready for the PPPP!



I decided that I would have to make one or two new pincushions for this year's parade....how I do love pincushions....even if you have enough pincushions....well can you really ever have enough pincushions??

So in searching for some patterns, I stumbled across this adorable free pin-wheel top pincushion tutorial from the FQS...which is a video (not my favorite way to learn....I like to read my tutorials) but this one is pretty quick to the point.....so I thought I would give it a try.....it really is so quick......it uses 12 mini charms (2.5"x2.5")....4 for the back, 4 for the front and 4 for the pinwheel....and you can add button(s) if you want.
                              




   I love how this turned out! ....and I loved this pattern so much I decided to make another one to see if maybe I could make the pinwheel stand out a little more.....unfortunately I picked one of the colors of the pin wheel a little to close to the color I used on the top...but still I do like this one anyway....

If you would like to make this little pincushion click on the following link or the photo below to see the free tutorial from FQS.... 
                                                                                                            
                            

More details on the Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade coming very soon..............


6 comments:

Maria said...

I'm going to have a tidy up in the Cave and see if I have any new pincushions since we last did one......
Sweet new one you have made and given the link for but not sure if I'll do it.
Have sew much going on already...😬

Lin said...

So pretty - what a lovely idea. xx

FlashinScissors said...

Yay! Looking forward to the parade.
Nice pincushion! I’ll go and look at the link, see what happens!
Barbara xx

Turid said...

You could never have too many pincushions. Or at least, I couldn't. Thanks for this link, I have to try it.

Needled Mom said...

That turned out so cute!

irvigil said...

What a lovely pincushion. I have to try that next. I agree that one can never have too many pincushions.