Translate

Sunday, August 29, 2021

WOOFA for August!

 Time to get back to something!  Whether it be blogging, sewing, or what have you....the time is NOW!

Last month my Mom and I went to a garage sale where I managed to leave with 5 totes full of fabric, a hand stitched quilt top, and several Grandmother's flower garden hexi blocks!  What could I do?  This wasn't even an estate sale.......it was a moving sale and I asked the lady why she was getting rid of her stash....she said, "Oh Honey, I have a big room in the house full too and I am not going to have room at my new house".........I really didn't even know everything I bought til I started looking through it all.......so......

I have added this hand sewn quilt top to my WOOFA list........even though it didn't start out as my UFO I feel a sense of obligation to finish this gorgeous quilt..........

I can't imagine spending so much time on a quilt and then putting it in a garage sale but I am happy I am able to finish it for her....check out the hand stitching!

I looked through my stash for a piece large enough for the backing with no luck but I found enough green fabric to piece together 16 large pieces that I think will work well.....



so this is my contribution to the August WOOFA.......thanks Chez for keeping me on your list!  I hope to have this finished for September!  Don't forget to see all the other WOOFA projects at Gone Stitchin!



9 comments:

Cheryll said...

Wow… lucky find…
You’ll have lots of fun times ahead playing with it all I’m sure..:
EnJoY…xox

Mary Ann Tate said...

I agree. All that work and to give it away but into good hands. It will be lovely when it's finished.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yay - glad to see you're back! Looking forward to catching up with you and seeing what you've been creating.

Needled Mom said...

Wow! You scored at the sale. The hand stitching is beautiful. Are you going to hand quilt it too? That backing will be perfect.

Maria said...

Boy that sure was a pile of fabrics etc you got at the garage….
I’m looking forward to seeing you finish the colourful hexie quilt….

Vireya said...

Have fun working on that quilt. It deserves to be finished and used.

Fiona said...

Fabulous find and so glad you are going to get it finished...
Hugz

Sheryl said...

What great finds at the garage sale. The quilt needs to be finished and used.

Lin said...

Good to see you back and what a lovely project to complete. xx