Translate

Monday, September 20, 2021

Playing with Dollies.............

 My sister has been cleaning out closets and came across some old dolls that originally belonged to our youngest sister and asked if I wanted them..........I have also been cleaning out closets but I couldn't say no........the dolls went from little Sis to my nieces and I thought maybe I could refurbish them for my Granddaughters.........

Here is what the vintage dolls looked like when I got them......(my little Sis admitted she was responsible for the short haircuts on most of them.......) "I don't think I realized when I cut it that it wasn't going to grow back".....



Unfortunately, not all the dolls were repairable......After I decided on the ones I would repair 2 of them gave their lives for the others............One gave up her hair and the other gave up her eyes.....both dolls were in pretty bad shape.....one looked like maybe a dog had chewed on her nose and mouth and hand and the other had lost most of her hair and also had some cracked plastic.....


So anyway........I washed the dolls and their clothes, made hats and purses and repaired and embellished one of the dresses.....and here they are now!


This little Gal was missing her left eye........so here she is with a new eye and a new hat and purse to match her "vintage" dress



This pretty blonde was missing hair patches and only had a pajama top to wear..........Now she has a new pink outfit and some blond hair extensions.............




This young lady got a new purse and a new hat with attached hair extensions..............





Here she is with her friend.....ready to go shopping!





So these 4 dollies will go into "Nana's Prize box" so my Granddaughters will have some more for their collection..............

(yes....at the age of 70 I am still playing with dolls!....Us "little girls" never get to old for that.....)





 




8 comments:

Lin said...

Nice work on tidying up those young ladies. xx

Maria said...

You did an amazing job of up cycling those vintage dolls and now they can be loved and played with again.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The doll with the orange dress looks very similar to one I had when I was young - only mine had brown hair. Good for you for fixing them up for another generation to enjoy.

QuiltGranma said...

That's a lot of dolls. When I was little I was given a doll, once. I do not recall ever playing much with her. Visitors came, Mother let the little girl play with the neglected doll, which I later found in our hedge, naked and with mildew. I had not missed it.

Helen said...

Oh they are gorgeous well done, its amazing how zou have transformed them.xx

Cheryll said...

You did a GReaT job with the "ladies". They will be loved for years to come I'm sure...xox

Needledmom said...

OMGOODNESS! You did a great job on them. That rooted hair had to be hard to do extensions. We never outgrow our dolls.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, how wonderful to restore these dollies. How clever you are to do that and how lucky those children are to get them.