Translate

Saturday, February 11, 2012

A New Toy and Itinerary of the Traveling Stash

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."   -Zig Ziglar

I just got a new toy!  I was gifted a Go!Baby cutter a couple of weeks ago and was having a time deciding which dies to get.  I finally decided to not get in a hurry so I ordered only one die..... the Go!Birds, which arrived yesterday!
And look at all the little birdies that appeared soon afterward!


I am going to do a couple of projects, I think, with the birdies.....I have gathered a bunch of blues to use so I think I might incorporate Accuquilt's free pattern Night Song into this quilt, using this Accuquilt pattern for the center block, using only blue shades........

and then I found another sweet pattern to make a wall hanging...........now that I have the Go!Birds die I have to get good use of it!
The next thing that I seemed to have gotten obsessed with was learning the tracks of the Famous "Traveling Stash" I received last week.  It seems that the idea was born with Nan at Pot's & Pins........here is the info, as I got it from Marianne's blog at SewRuffhaven:

Nan started the stash on January 3, 2011.

she filled a box full of fun quilty love and had a giveaway on her blog.
The rules were simple enough. ....
Take what you want...fill it back up...
host a giveaway...mail it to the winner.

The first person to receive the stash was Ariane
Ariane sent it to...
Debbie mailed it to
Shannon  sent it to

Kelly split the box it two and 
Box 1 went to Anne
  I'm not sure where Box 1 is

Any way Box2 went to Julia
the trail continued:

Julia  --> Debra -->  Lisa --> Natasha -->  Susan --> Monica --> Sandi

Sandie sent it to
Sunny  and then Sunny sent it to Marianne.

Whew!.....Let me catch my breath!

Ok, now here is the info I searched out and found:
Marianne sent it to Jen at The Quilty Home,
Jen set it to Mama Sparks World,
who sent it to Linda at Stray Stitches.........
Linda sent it to Barb at Cat Patches.........

Barb sent it to Miki at Miki's Fabric Creations

Miki sent it to Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts

who sent it to Barb

and Barb sent it to me!

Somewhere along the way, one of the lovely ladies above split the box once again and I received #3........so Nan's "Pay it Forward" idea has really taken off and tripled in size already! 

I spent nearly two days tracking down the trail of the Stash and I wonder why I can't seem to get any quilting done????

But, nonetheless, now that I have finally satisfied my obsession with the Traveling Stash's history, let me remind you that I will be sending it off Next Wednesday to the lucky winner picked on Tuesday, Feb 14th, so if you haven't left a comment yet, please click on the link below and do so!
TTFN!


Click here to enter your comment to win the Traveling Stash!!!

3 comments:

Hilachas said...

Wow, you must have spent a lot of time playing detective. It's so interesting to see all the places the stash has been. For your next project, you could tell us all the different states the stash has been in?

Hilachas said...

You and Sharon at Vroomans Quilts are doing the same thing tracking stashes. She knows where all 3 boxes are. Check it out at:
http://vroomansquilts.blogspot.com/2012/02/traveling-stash.html

Josie McRazie said...

I think that is awsome that they have grown!! How cool is that!!!