Translate

Friday, February 10, 2012

A Year of Rugs and Better Late than Never to the Teddy Bear's Picnic

"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."         -Leo Tolstoy


Here we go..........Friday again and this is the day my work week STARTS......so we will not be hearing any of that TGIF stuff from me.......(grin)


I took my little Koala Bear and her baby to Melody's Teddy Bear's Picnic at The House on the Hill yesterday, ummmmmmmm   early this morning........which was wayyyyyyyy late since Aussie time where the picnic is held is already nearly a day ahead of us and I actually didn't make it there til after midnight yesterday USA time.  I tried to say I was being "fashionably late" and I'm not sure that's going to fly.......... But since my little Koala bear has lost track of Aussie time since moving to the USA, I hope Melody will forgive her this time........Here is little Koala......an old toy of my Son, Patrick.......she has her baby with her:
Anyway......Melody has the Teddy Bear's Picnic every SECOND Thursday of the month and always has some great freebies and giveaways......be sure to check it out sometime!


Ok.......next, here is my St. Patrick's Day Mug Rug that I finished for my Year of Mugs  Swap........ a Paper Pieced Shamrock.... done!  I used some of the green fabric I got from the Traveling Stash I was lucky enough to win last week.


I actually was able to go nearly all the way around my project without stopping my FMQ this time!  There is no particular pattern to my FMQ..just random meandering but I am improving a little.........


And speaking about the Traveling Stash.........you still have a chance to sign up for a chance to have me mail it to YOU next! Look at the treasures I got to choose from:



I would love to send it to YOU next!  Just click on the link above (or below) and it will take you to the page where you can leave me a comment to enter your name for a chance to dig your hands into the treasure next!  Mr. Random will be picking a winner next Tuesday (Valentine's Day!) and I will mail it out to the lucky winner on Wednesday, Feb. 15th.  Rules for entering are posted on the Traveling Stash page.


So I guess now I'd better go do some more sewing!  TTFN!

1 comment:

Hilachas said...

I like your mug rug and, yes, it looks like the one I made. Had I sent you a photo already? I like your little teddy bear and I see he made it to the picnic(you even did the linky).