Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One Flower Wednesday

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."  - Mark Twain




I just joined One Flower Wednesday.........well you all know why...........YES, MY SISTER MADE ME DO IT...........haha.................as I mentioned to someone earlier today, if it wasn't for her I may not have ever accomplished ANYTHING!    
        
I really haven't even decided if I really even want to make hexies but I will post one today...............I have always loved The Wizard of Oz so here is my first try:
 And the second thing I wanted to mention is that my sis over at Hilachas has posted a fabulous tutorial........A little take-along sewing kit made with ziploc bags!  I think it could be used for more than sewing though.........go check it out........click on the Hilachas link above and it will take you directly to the tutorial............as soon as I catch up with my Swoon and other quilting stuff I am going to make one myself!


So here it is, my day off, and it is already nearly 2:00 in the afternoon and all I have managed to do in my sewing room is take some fabric up there that I bought at the fabric shop yesterday after work.


I know this is short but I'm going to run upstairs and cut out my latest obsession:  The Swoon............................


I'll check in later on you guys................................TTFN!




 

10 comments:

Marg said...

I have days like that - promise myself that I am going to do so much sewing and get totally side tracked. Then other days it all comes together. Looking forward to seeing some photos if your swoon

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your first hexie flower is wonderful! Some days just aren't made for sewing. Enjoy the rest of your day off :)

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Great hexie! Have fun sewing and enjoy your day.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the Wizard of Oz and your hexie is perfect for your first one. What a great themed flower!!!!

I do hope that you managed to find some Swooning time!

Hilachas said...

Thanks for blogging about my tutorial. Your hexie flower is beautiful! Moving right along (even if you arent, jaja).

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

Your hexie is loveley keep up the good work

krisgray said...

How cute-Dorothy!

Karen said...

Wonderful flower, I hope you make more. :)

Becky G said...

Oh my, you are sisters! How much fun is that! I taught my younger sister how to knit, but not yet how to quilt... maybe one day she'll have time. Love your post & the Dorothy flower is a classic! When I was 17, I worked at a theme park in Banner Elk, NC that was based on the Wizard of Oz movie. My first task was to pull grass from inbetween the yellow bricks, then wash the (plastic) apples hanging in the trees... now that I think about it... seems like the rain should have made them clean enough! Take care & thanks for the memories!

Helen said...

Oh how clever for your first hexie it's truly wonderful. Look forward to more of your creations.!!!!