Translate

Friday, February 3, 2012

Somebody pleeeeez help me!!

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"         
                            -John Wooden                                                                                                                         
I have now made 6 heart blocks for the Block Lotto and I can't seem to stop!  I have other things I need to do like catch up with my JustTakes2 blocks, but nooooooooooo........I keep making hearts!!!  Well anyway..........my poor sewing room has suffered........just look at this............
Hurricane Ida has arrived and there is "Sunset" strewn all over!  I was so disgusted with my mess that I "sort of" picked things up so I could continue with my "heart mission".........


...........and so I made three more heart blocks to add to the three I had made already.......I had mentioned yesterday that we can make any kind of heart block we wish as long as we use only sunset colors consisting of orange and pink hues and cream and gray hues......I made a couple more paper pieced blocks and a Wonky:



Oh!  I got some fabulous news today!!! I signed up with Barbara at Cat Patches for the "Traveling Stash" that had just arrived there from Sharon at Vroomans Quilts.  Barbara just notified me today that I am the winner!  I will be getting the Traveling Stash next week and seeing what wonderful treasures it has!  I will take what I want and replace it with something comparable and then send it on to the next lucky winner.......one of YOU!  So don't forget to check in and see when it is ready to go out again!  (Unfortunately, the Traveling Stash is open only to United States addresses due to postage and customs requirements)

Ok, back to my obsession with these heart blocks..........I have just been cleaning up again and PUTTING AWAY ALL THE SUNSET FABRICS.........tomorrow I get back to the JustTakes2 blocks.....and I mean it! 
Oh....one more thing..........my daughter-in-law (Love that Girl!) sent me these adorable photos of my Grandsons "loving" their tied fleece blankets that Nana made for them and I have to share them with you:

I'm going to finish cleaning up in here and go to bed.......tomorrow is a work day (graveyard) so I'd better say Ta Ta For Now...........

4 comments:

Hilachas said...

What gorgeous hearts! You've made so many that there are probably enuf to give me a few to send in?

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Haha.........sure! Why not...jaja.....but then I would probably have to start making more and my JustTakes2 would never get done!

Teresa F. said...

Lovely hearts.No wonder you can't stop making them.
Beautiful children your grandsons are.
Thanks for following me.

Barb said...

Oh...love your blocks...

what cuties you have there.