Translate

Thursday, November 5, 2020

FNWF---- Sophie Project Flimsy is Done!

I have finished the Sophie Project Flimsy and  am linking up with FNWF  ............(well I am finished except for her eyes......don't know if I will use buttons like the EPP pattern calls for or embroider them instead....I am leaning toward the embroidered eyes plan)...

and YIPES!

I hope I don't forget to put a label on it....(my menopause memory sometimes kicks in and I forget important stuff like that.....)



 I added a machine embroidery dog collar and finally just winged it with the tail......I sort of did "backward" paper-piecing (without the paper) for the tail piece....lol........


I really like the beige colored background fabric I had chosen "way back when" in 2012 when I made the Jack of Hearts quilt that I adapted to this project.  I think it looks like a wrinkled bed sheet which is perfect!   The two pieces with her name and the puppy foot are supposed to be pillows in this "bed" quilt...........

Thank you to our wonderful host, Cheryll, for keeping us motivated at Friday Night With Friends at her Blog..........Click HERE to see other friends who are working together virtually to get some projects caught up or finished......

and I just remembered that my Jack of Hearts quilt is on my WOOFA challenge list since it's a UFO so this will be a "killing 2 birds with one stone" kind of deal:  I get to start a new project and finish a UFO all at the same time!  It just doesn't get any better than that, right???



9 comments:

Lin said...

Looks great! And I love the addition of the tail - perfect. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

It looks wonderful....love it x

FlashinScissors said...

I love it! So sweet! Really does look like pillows, and I love the little tail!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Needled Mom said...

That turned out so cute! I love the tail popping up there. It’s sure to bring a smile to your SIL’s face.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks great! And you must have had the sewing machine's pedal to the floor and smokin' to create a flimsy that fast!

Maria said...

Such a special quilt to gift to your SIL...
Yes embroidered eyes will be best.

Fiona said...

Gorgeous... I love that tail!
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Sophie is GOrgeOus... and so well done. Congrats...
Thanks for stopping in for FNwF too...xox

Karen's Korner said...

You have done an amazing job on the face. Well done.