Translate

Monday, November 9, 2020

Working on Sophie Night and Day....................

Yes I am even working on the Sophie Project in my sleep!  Lol........do you do that?  Get so involved in a project that you begin dreaming about it?   

I actually got the sandwich made but before that I needed to get the backing "Kitty Approved".....




I put the label on the paw print on the back......



Once Cali approved the backing I was able to get started on the quilting yesterday.........

I used a simple decorative stitching with a variegated thread and my walking foot..........I will stitch in the other direction today.............



on the top I tried doing a FMQ bones motif.....not very well done but it's my first try so it stays.....lol.....I was also not sure about the variegated thread here.....but again....it stays.....





I decided to just finish the top area quilting with a large meandering FMQ and will do the edges the same........



So I'm off now up to the sewing room to make some more mistakes progress!





10 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

It was good to get Cali's approval before you got too far!
Nice stitching!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Mary Ann Tate said...

It's fabulous and I'm glad to see that you have an assistant :)

Lin said...

Nice work - it will be finished before you know it! xx

Maria said...

You’re going get guns Ida... great backing and I really like the paw with your label......

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I make those spontaneous creative decisions ALL the time! Some are definitely more 'creative' than others too. Sophie is looking great!

Lynette said...

Such a neat project! It will be loved for sure.

Needled Mom said...

I love the doggie bone quilting, very clever. The paw print on the back for the label is perfect too. Great finish!

Cheryll said...

The quilt will be treasured even with "mistakes"... although I don't see AnY...
Love the "bone" shapes too...xox

Sheryl said...

This is a lovely quilt with the doggie theme, love the paw print idea.

Hilachas said...

Beautiful job on the Sophie Quilt. AND you remembered the label. WTG!