Translate

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Sophie Project

 After finding the EPP pattern for the Italian Greyhound and doing the practice piece I couldn't wait to get started on the Sophie Project.

Here is the actual piece I will use for the project....it was enlarged to 125% of the original pattern....




I have been thinking about doing this quilt for awhile since I saw a quilt called "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie" in a magazine........



But I will adapt it to a flimsy I have had finished since 2012, when I participated in the Jack of Hearts Mystery QAL.....I didn't put the blocks together like the actual Jack of Hearts Pattern but chose to be a rebel and put them together in the pattern I liked:
the layout below was the layout I was supposed to use....but in my own defense I actually posted the 2 layouts to my blog back then and asked for opinions.....most of my comments said the first layout was best.....(grin)



I will only use one doggie for this quilt and I will use these 2 machine embroidered pieces too


You know how Mom's do when their kid is in trouble?  They call them by their first and middle name?? Well my DDIL gave Sophie her "in trouble" name.....and I just had to include it in the Sophie Project......."Sophia Popia"............she is so missed......


I still have to make her skinny little tail, which will curl up next to her on the right....and then decide how to finish out the top.......but I like where this is headed......


5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is going to be fantastic. I do like your arrangement (and colors) better. Your SIL is going to love it. That Sleeping Dog pattern is really cute. Do you recall what magazine it was in?

Maria said...

Your Sophie quilt will be beautiful and I do like the layout you have chosen...
I’m sure your DDIL will love it......

Fiona said...

Your quilt is growing so beautifully... very cute
Hugz

Lin said...

I made a Jack of Hearts quilt! I love it, it is on my sofa. I like your idea of adding the greyhound - going to make a super quilt. xx

Cheryll said...

I like it too... & will finish as a wonderful memory quilt ... xox