Translate

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Vinyl Applique...some Christmas Decorations.......and Sophie is on her way to her new home....

I have been having fun trying out some of the vinyl applique designs with my embroidery machine. 

First design I made was a pretty mason jar with flowers inside........it made a sweet throw pillow 


sweeter still when it is filled with lightening bugs





 I've also made a couple of Christmas wall hangings to send to my Grands.........first off a pretty glass jar filled with Christmas Candy.........and, of course couldn't do without the lights inside.............



and finally, a cute little snow globe........this one called for some added rhinestone snowflakes inside that fall around just like a real snow globe......not sure what I'll make with this one yet.... I had a bit of trouble with the stabilizer and it made the globe part a little wonky....probably should have used something different....at one point I actually lost everything out of the hoop....luckily I was able to re-hoop it but I think I'll try this one again and see if I have better luck on the second try....




and Sophie is done and on her way to my dear DIL.... 


















 

6 comments:

Maria said...

Such fun sewing with the vinyl...
I'm sure your SIL will love her "Sophie" quilt.

Lin said...

Your cushions are fun with the sparkly bits and nice to have that quilt finished and on its way. xx

FlashinScissors said...

However did you do those cushions? I’ve not seen anything like them before!
Oh well done with the quilt, it’s lovely!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What fun cushions! I love the addition of the lights....I assume they must be battery operated. I've noticed that the lit-up things (like pictures) are all the 'thing' right now. You'll be on pins & needles until you know that Sophie has arrived. I know your SIL will be thrilled.

Sheryl said...

I love your cushion design and what fun to add the lights.

Hilachas said...

You have been one busy lady. I love the creative vinyl projects. And then, of course, the beautiful Sophie Quilt. Good going.