Translate

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Mini Snow Globe throw pillow, EPP Mermaid, and some new barstool covers......

 I have been visiting Mom this past week...will head home on Monday.  Before I left home I made a little mini pillow for my Granddaughters using the vinyl applique snow globe.....



I had a snowman printed applique which I used for the back of the pillow......


I brought all the LTG blocks to Moms to start putting together but was having so many problems with the checkerboard filler block and one of the churn dash blocks that I decided to wait til I got back home and remake the filler blocks.........

So instead I decided to make one of the EPP patterns I got from this awesome little book by Mary Hertel called "Sew Magical"......

The book is full of paper piece patterns for all kinds of magical creatures that my granddaughters love.....my first try is this mermaid.........

my next project from this book will be one of the unicorns..........

I also helped my SIL cover 5 of the barstools in the fabulous family bar that she and my brother have in their basement...........



Since COVID19 took over our lives we have not taken Mom to any of the restaurants she used to enjoy nor shopping but I do try to take her on a drive when I visit.  Yesterday we drove out to the cemetery where her grandfather is buried.  She never knew him but was excited to see the gravestones of 2 uncles that she did know.............


I always enjoy visiting with Mom but, as you know, it is always good to get home.........and Mom loves our visits.....when I leave my younger sis will be here for a week and then our eldest sister comes in December.......I have 2 siblings who live next door to Mom and between the 5 of us we make sure she never has to sleep alone and that someone is always nearby.  We are so blessed to still have our Dear Mom and doubly blessed that she is still able to live at home at the young age of 99!


10 comments:

Lin said...

Great mermaid and the bar stools are looking good. How lovely that you mum is still able to get around at 99. xx

Fiona said...

you have done all sorts of projects this time.... a real mix. Lovely to hear about your mum doing so well...
Hugz

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That book looks like it has such great fun designs for kids - your 'littles' are going to be very happy! To say nothing about the fun they'll have with the snow globe pillow.

Maria said...

Your GD will love the Snow Globe cushion and the mermaid will be lovely too.
Great fabric for the bar stools....
It’s fabulous that between all the siblings Mum always has company at night.

Cheryll said...

The snow globe pillow is fantastic...what a great idea.
The book looks like it will be well used too.
You ARE blessed to still have your mum at 99...& that she has company every night must be a great comfort to all the sisters.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Cute cushions. I am sure the mermaid will be a huge hit. How amazing is your Mum and wonderful that she can remain in her home and has family close by xx

Barb said...

Your mother is lucky to have you girls, what a blessing to her. I am sure she enjoyed her ride. The bar stool covers are just fabulous. That one book that you got the mermaid out of...hummmm might have to hunt that one down. Happy Thanksgiving

Sheryl said...

I like your unusual snow globe pillow and the stool covers, how clever. Wonderful that your mum still has her children nearby and can also enjoy her independance. I love the book you mention, the mermaid is terrific.

Helen said...

Lovely snow globe cushion im sure it will be a big hit and the stools look great covered in that fabric, the mermaid also looks great. Wonderful that you have mum close by.

FlashinScissors said...

I’m sure your mum really enjoyed your visit! It must be nice for her that your sisters are so close by!
The snow globe and snowman pillow looks fabulous! A great finish!
The mermaid looks fabulous, what a lot of pieces!
Good job on the stool covers too.
Hugs,
Barbara xx