Translate

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Perfectly Pleasing Pincushions!

I was looking through some of my favorite pincushions that aren't new but some I love....and I also wanted to work on my photograph technique....Some of the photographs I've seen on blogs that have linked up are so professional that I have been feeling inadequate with my photos.

Anyway...I found an old calendar with gorgeous pictures of flowers that I propped up behind as a backdrop and...well...not perfect but better than before anyway....lol...

This beautiful antique I found at an estate sale and have used it for years.  The beautiful porcelain rose has a broken petal but I really never notice.  The label in the back says it was made in Italy.




This gorgeous felt pincushion was made by my Sis, Irene.  I love all the bead work and stitching...(but not as much as I love her).....  My sis also gave me the cute little teapot box because she knows how I love little boxes.  The teapot sits upon another very special item....a ceramic heart made by my middle son in school when he was about 8 years old.....(30+ years ago...)


Next is another special pincushion/sewing kit made by a special friend, Mary.....




When you open the little turtle's shell he has room for scissors, sewing notions and a special place to keep needles...


Last are some cute little cupcakes I made with my embroidery machine........I've made several of these....they make great gifts and are so fun to make!

There is still time to link up with the PPPP and show us your own pincushions!  Just click on the link below to go there!













9 comments:

Hilachas said...

Wow, there is no end to the beautiful pincushions you have. I’m glad that I have been able to add to your parade. Aren’t the memories in some of the pincushions just wonderful?

Mary Ann Tate said...

More lovely pincushions. The cupcakes are very cute.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida wow I love these pin cushions ,the turtle one is awesome Thankyou for sharing these beauties with us my friend xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You must have a huge collection! I like your 'backdrop' idea for photos and will have to look around to see what I might have that would work in a similar way. Especially love those fun cupcakes!

Turid said...

Those cupcakes are great. And all of them without calories, perfect. I'm working with backgrounds too. I try to vary after what time of the year it is. Just now I try to show you how many beautiful flowers we have around. I also try to show you what it's like where I live. I'm going to try your idea, it's sweet.

Lin said...

Another lovely collection. The cup cakes are gorgeous and I love the turtle. The Italian one is a great one too. xx

Needled Mom said...

Those are all so special. The Italian one is so elegant and I love the cute one with stitching that Irene made. I really like your cupcakes too. They do make such a nice gift. I love mine.

Maria said...

and they keep coming. more beautiful special pincushions that have great memories...

FlashinScissors said...

Love the antique! Oh, and that teapot is so cute!
The backdrop is a great idea. I’ve been wondering what to do with my photos too. I can see I need to try that out!
Thank you for organising the pin cushion parade, Ida!
I’m sorry I didn’t manage to make many this time, I thought I’d make more but the time flew!
I’m still visiting others, it’s been great to see so many ideas!
Hugs,
Barbara xx