Translate

Monday, June 22, 2020

PPPP 2020

Well I first of all want to thank all of you, my friends, who linked up to this years Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade.
I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful array of so many different kinds of pincushions!

Secondly I know I posted that the winners would be announced on the 20th but I hope you all will forgive me for missing that date and also please give me one more day to settle in from my week-long trip. 

 I just got back from the most wonderful  visit with my Mom, my brother and Sister-in-law, and my Sister too.  After a 2-month plus home quarantine it was just so nice to be with family again.  I am thankful that I do have a son that lives with me or I would have been totally alone during that time.

During my visit, my sister and I created this little gnome house for Mama out of an old Peach tree stump in her yard.  The gnomes moved right in and set up housekeeping, thanks to my Sis, who moved them from her yard to Mom's yard next door!


 


I also repainted an old frog my Dad had put out in the yard.  He had begun to wear away in some areas so I re-plastered him then doused him with a new coat of paint.   He seems so much happier now and I think I felt Daddy smiling from heaven when he looked down and saw his frog's new paint job!

So, again......thank you, thank you, thank you, for linking up and sharing your pincushions .  Stay tuned and I will announce the winners of the giveaways tomorrow!






7 comments:

Turid said...

Such lovely time you must have had. And those gnomes are so fun.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I love the gnome house :) Thank you for hosting the PPPP and take as long as you like. Family always comes first.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida i am so happy that you had such a wonderful trip,its lovely that you got time to spend with your family,the lockdown has been very hard.
Oh wow what a wonderful job you girls did of the gnome house,i think it is such a clever idea,so well done ladies,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for hosting the PPPP, Ida!
I’m sure you must have had a wonderful time visiting your family.
Love the gnome house!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Maria said...

It was fun to join in for PPPP again this year, thank you....
Pleased you had a fun time visiting family .
Cute home you built for the Gnomes and the updated frog looks great.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love that great little gnome house! If we still had a garden I'd definitely be creating a fairy or gnome house to tuck somewhere. Glad you had a lovely visit with your family!

Needled Mom said...

I love you gnome house! You mom will get a kick out of having new residents in her yard. Your frog looks great too. I have a frog badly in need of the same TLC. Want to come do mine?