Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Sweet Eats Pincushions and some Dolly Dresses

I'm visiting my sweet Mom this week after being on lockdown and not seeing her since March. My precious Mom was born in 1921 and will be celebrating her 99th birthday next month!

So Mom is the reason I sew...She has made quilts for all her children and grandchildren and used to make dresses for us when we were little girls growing up and her embroidery is so beautiful.  She doesn't sew much anymore but she still loves looking at fabric.


I found these pincushions, which I had made for her a few years ago in her sewing room....an ice cream sundae and a cherry pie! I had fun with these...





  I gave Mom this little satin box with pincushion top about 20 years ago...




While I've been here, in addition to doing a little yard work,  I have been finishing up a project for my Granddaughters...the oldest is into "Miraculous Ladybug " so I made a couple of costumes for her American Girl doll...I was able to find a similar doll in the same size for only $24 at Wallyworld to be my model.....lol...
.




 For my other granddaughter, who loves Hello Kitty and Minnie Mouse, are these outfits for her Raggedy Ann, who is named, "Nana Baby"(because it is the baby that Nana made for her....lol)

The model below is a Raggedy Ann I made for my niece, Evonne, back in 1970....she didn't have a little girl to give it to so she was so sweet to give it back to me....



















I tell everyone I will never be too old to play with dolls...  These will get mailed out to my Granddaughters next week when I get home.

I am linking up to the Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade which closes tomorrow.....I want to thank everyone for linking up.  I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone's gorgeous pincushions!

You can link-up HERE and visit the pages that have already linked up too!  CLICK HERE






10 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ida oh i love the pin cushions that you made for your mum and my mum bought me back from Singapore the one with the chinese people around it. Oh the girls are beautfiul especially the raggy Anne dolls ,your grand daughters will love them ,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend xx

Hilachas said...

It’s cool that you ran into pincushions you made at Mama’s. I’ve often seen the little chinese pincushion but never knew til now that you had given it to Mama. The doll clothes are so pretty. I know two little girls who are going to love them. The Pincushion Parade is over but it was so much fun. I enjoyed seeing everyone’s creations.

Lynette said...

I loved seeing this post. I always enjoy seeing the pincushions you made for mama and I love the tribute you wrote about her. It is so true that she still loves looking at fabric and giving it to us to enjoy. Sometimes she will have a little stash of fabric saved for me or Sara that she had been thinking was just what we would like. The girls are going to be thrilled with their new dolly outfits! I was laughing about your model because I still feel proud that I have the original Raggedy Ann doll and even though I had a little girl and let her play with her when she was little, I grabbed her back when she stopped playing with dolls!! Thanks for hosting the parade again. It was great seeing all the creative pincushions. Now to prepare for next year's parade!!!

Mary Ann Tate said...

I so glad that you are able to see your mum. I have finally been able to see my grandkids in person this week too. I love your pincushions and the dolls clothes. Thank you for hosting the PPPP. It's been lots of fun:)

Lin said...

I love the ice cream soda pincushion - great makes for your mom. Sadly my mum died last year, aged 90 so I am glad for you that mom is still around. Cute dolls for your grandaughters. xx

Needled Mom said...

I’m sure your mom is enjoying your visit as much as you are. I’ll bet she also enjoyed watching your sewing. The doll dresses are just darling. The girls will love them. You’re right. We’re never too old to play with dolls. I love sewing doll clothes.

It has been such fun seeing all of the beautiful pincushions. Your mom’s soda and pie are super cute....and calorie free! My folks brought me a pincushion like you gave your mom when they visited China, but it does not have the storage area. That’s a great idea.

Enjoy your visit.

Eli R. said...

Que trabajos tan bonitos, tu mamá te ha enseñado el gusto por la costura y ahora, al igual que ella, elaboras detalles para tu familia, esto es lo más bello, enseñar a la nueva generación y también hacerle creaciones a los nietos
Eli xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Don't ever think you're too old to play with dolls! How I wish we had little granddaughters so I could make them dolls but I have to indulge myself by making them for my friends who DO have granddaughters. So glad you got to visit with you Mom and discovered some pincushions while you were there.

Maria said...

So nice to visit your Mum and show us those lovely older pincushions..
Nice outfits you made for both your GDs dolls..

QuiltGranma said...

So glad you still have a mom to visit! What wouldn't I do to have more time with mine, who died when I was 20. So many questions i would ask, and conversations we would have!